Multi Disc Clutch 1924 Reo

crazycars

I am attempting to assemble a basket case 1924 Reo Touring car in which the chassis and motor were restored. All the rest is in boxes and baggies. The multi disc clutch confuses me, however. (Yes, this was dissembled, too) Was this type clutch intended to run in oil or dry? I do have a parts book which provided pretty decent diagrams but this is a puzzler. All answers and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Guest jpizza57111
I am attempting to assemble a basket case 1924 Reo Touring car in which the chassis and motor were restored. All the rest is in boxes and baggies. The multi disc clutch confuses me, however. (Yes, this was dissembled, too) Was this type clutch intended to run in oil or dry? I do have a parts book which provided pretty decent diagrams but this is a puzzler. All answers and advice will be greatly appreciated.

i have two reo's 23 and 24 they are dry clutches make sure the disc and plates are flat

• 6 years later...

Is the motor a 4 cylinder?

I am restoring a 1915 REO Speed Wagon truck and it uses a multi disc clutch. I am a long way from worrying about the clutch, but it is a dry clutch. 

send a picture of what you have and once I know we are talking about the same thing... maybe I can help.

Ian McNaughton 

• Like 1