Breeze Linkage Set Up

1910Hupp

Hi -I like Phil have just received my rebuilt Breeze back from Stan Howe . What a fantastic job! I am just cleaning up the inlet manifold and truing up the faces that join onto the block . I would be most appreciative if some one could post some pictures of the original linkages for the Breeze so I can reverse engineer them -Thanks Karl

post-31482-143142515889_thumb.jpgWell I took pictures but of the wrong thing then! The rod comes across the firewall (it's the pivot rod for the accelerator pedal too) then bends down toward the carb on the passenger (left) side. The linkage from that rod to the carb is a simple rod to the carb throttle. Let me go crawl around and try to get the other side shot....

post-31482-143142515902_thumb.jpgHere's a shot of my linkage, the original may have had some screw fitting adjustment, I bent the rod to go around the magneto and used the bend as the adjustment....works fine....whoops, yes, I see that the wire loom shouldn't be touching the exhaust, although I don't think it gets very hot for some reason...

• 3 months later...
post-31482-143142701135_thumb.jpgThe spring is a loooooooooong one, and it goes to a hole in the cross member in the frame....the hole was there when I got the car, appears original, and I don't see any other place to put a spring...people more versed than I can tell right from wrong, but it works on my car...