REO Speedwagon T-6 T6 water pump and housing

Guest Bowtie70SS

Guest Bowtie70SS

I have been tasked with the job of getting a 1922 REO Speedwagon firetruck back on the road for parade duty. I got it running but the water pump and housing are completely corroded and cracked, unusable. I need a good water pump for the T6 engine, I believe it is the early version but I am open to anything that will work. Thanks.

Dave

Good luck finding one . I owned a 1926 Reo Sedan 40 years ago and it was a job trying find a water pump then . Knowing what I know now . I would get someone to cast you a new one . Right now a group of Reo owners are going to get door handles made in Illinois by Greg Coleman . A very patient and co-operative man . Here is his telephone number 815 - 225 - 7565 . I would contact other Fire Departments that have Reo Fire trucks and get a few cast . In the Reo Club members are always looking for the same pump . Sell some to them too . Thanks , Mark Gregory

Guest Bowtie70SS

Thank you Mark. My second idea is to install a electric pump. I had thought about getting the original welded up or something. The truck has pretty much been together and running since it was made, it never sat abandoned. Electrolysis has all but consumed the aluminum and the cast iron is pretty rough as well. I cannot imagine it would pump much water.