New addition to my collection, 1913 H.A.MOYER

Hi everyone, i just wanted to share pics of my new addition to my collection. I am very excited! copy and paste the link in a new window to look at pics.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6do-6Z5Kg-FV1E1c3hzQkpoQk0?resourcekey=0-R-CuaABb2eA1vsxXN9DJiQ&usp=sharing

The car is a 1913 H.A.Moyer largely original with the exception to the firewall, steering wheel and front top frame covers refinished, the engine was rebuilt about ten years ago and the wood wheels refurbished at the same time. the plans for the car are to get it running and gently enjoy it on some nice drives in the country. The car still has the use and care papers stuck to the underside of the seat floor boards the wood body and hood top has a wonderful velvet feel from the varnish / paint as it aged.

from what i understand the car had about 38 horsepower which should feel very peppy with such a small open body on it. There is a small group of Moyer owners {six}

I have only spoken to one other who also ran the "registry" he gave me some great info and history on the car telling me the story how the headlights where switched to swap with another Moyer causing a bit of work to find the correct buckets and rings. Let me know what you think. If any of you have stories or information about the Moyer cars chime in and share it.

Edited by vintagerodshop (see edit history)

What a great looking car, nice find! I don't believe there's a lot you can do to the body, keep it dry and clean and that's about it.....should be a good runner as you say...congrats on the find!

Thanks Larry. I am more familiar with the 30's and 50's cars so this will be a bit of a change for me but am pretty excited. Can any one give me some good tips to keep the body preserved with out wrecking it?

I'd suggest you join the local brass-era club. (Hey what do you know, I'm the president!) If you are already a member of either the Vintage Car Club of Canada or the Horseless Carriage club of America, then you can join the VCCC Antique Chapter/HCCA Regional Group for only $10. Our annual tour will be held in Washington State next month - thirty brass or nickel era cars and about 200 miles of easy touring.

Peter Findlay

Burnaby, BC

http://antique.vccc.com

Hi Peter, yes I am already a member of the VCCC. and I have met Dan whom I assume is your son. I would be very happy to join the local Antique chapter. When do they meet? You probably know the car. I still have to Pick up the Crane-simplex, the Stoddard Dayton and the 1915 Pierce arrow from Terry's. I have to admit to having a bit of a storage problem right know. Peter can you email me at kirk@vintagerodshop.com with the local antique club details.

Thanks

What a great looking car, nice find! I don't believe there's a lot you can do to the body, keep it dry and clean and that's about it.....should be a good runner as you say...congrats on the find!

Thanks Trimacar, The reason I ask is the body tub is all wood which maybe hard to tell in the pics. I am concerned with having the correct amount of humidity to prevent it from cracking.

Buy the way can you post pics of your 1931 Pierce. I also have a model 43 phaeton that was owned by Tom Lester from Lester tires.

Very nice car, the interior is even done correctly! My car has a rear windshield also, it's folded up behind the seat, slightly different than the one you show but some of these were after-market add ons.....I believe I've seen a picture of one Model 43 phaeton with a dual cowl, although usually those are only on the longer wheel base cars (the body is fairly short on the 43 phaeton compared to the Models 41 and 42)...thanks for posting those pics....I'd be curious what the body number is on that car, there should be a tag on the floor, inside the car by the passenger side rear door....dc

Just got the Moyer running on friday. I was amazed after cleaning the plugs and gapping them some fresh fuel and it fired with fairly little trouble. After fixing a slow leak on the left rear tire I surely wanted to take it for a drive, but I would have to move two non running cars behind it to get it out. I will drive it on tuesday and report back in. I love the gravity feed fuel systems on old cars. The fuel leaks out after time and you don't have to worry about the stale fuel gumming up all the carb parts.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Larkamp Berlin

Hello , I have a beautiful , carefully restored and completly original ( only the softtop is new ) Moyer Touring Car from 1913 .

Engine number is 24 . Chassis number ? I do not know where to find .

Who has the register please ? Any Information is much appriciated !

Helmut Larkamp , Berlin , Germany

post-110821-143143104521_thumb.jpg

post-110821-143143104526_thumb.jpg

Hi Kelmut, the Moyer factory was only 150 kilometers from my home. I have a friend with a lot of knowledge about the H.A. Moyer company and it's automobile. I will send you a Email with his address. I am confident he will offer you assistance --Bob

Hello , I have a beautiful , carefully restored and completly original ( only the softtop is new ) Moyer Touring Car from 1913 .

Engine number is 24 . Chassis number ? I do not know where to find .

Who has the register please ? Any Information is much appriciated !

Helmut Larkamp , Berlin , Germany

Hi Helmut, I will pull the information for you tomorrow. Was this the car Thiesen had for sale at his dealership in Germany?

beautiful car. Congragulations.

• 6 years later...