Driving through Canada -- Buffalo to Michigan

scott12180

Hi All ---- In June I'll be going from upstate New York to Hastings, Michigan for the Midwest Meet. We'll tour the Gilmore Museum, among other things. On the way back I'll be bringing a spare hood I bought for the Series 5 in the back of my truck.

Should I drive through Canada to save the miles, or is it such a hassle anymore that I'm better going through Cleveland? I'm also worried about getting back into the US with old car parts in the back of my truck.

Google says the Canada-route through Sarina will save 100 miles and 2 hours.

Thanks -- Scott

Drive through Canada assuming you have a passport. My children live on London, Ontario I am on that exact route all the time. Use the Fort Erie crossing rather than the Niagara Falls crossing. Fort Erie is only people passing through, not all the tourists from the falls. The hood should not be an issue at all. If you happen to be passing through the weekend of 6/7 or 6/8, treat yourself to the Fleetwood Country Cruize In in London, Ontario. http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/2014/2014.html

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlCapone

Make sure you declare it to the Canadian Border Protection officer. Also declare any alcohol and tobacco. The same thing when re entering at the Port Huron Michigan port of entry. And yes of course a passport is a necessity . Wayne