1935 BUDD WIRE WHEEL

At the swap met in South Bend last weekend, there was a set of 4 wire wheels that looked like the photo. I don't know if they were for a 1935 car. Anyone remember who had the wheels? They were inside, near the center of the building.

• 5 months later...

post-69515-143142820918_thumb.jpg

The car is progressing well. Come on guys look in your garages, I am sure there must be a wheel somewhere. These are the same wheels as on the cover of "The Antique Studebaker Review" November-December 1997, Volume 27, No.4. I will need to get them shipped to Dallas TX.

Thanks.

Peter, Those wheels are very rare. I have only seen 2 sets. You might try getting the prints from the museum and sending them to American Arrow to see if they can make one. http://www.americanarrowcorp.com/html/content_page.php?content_id=19&nav_id=3&

Hi Rex , Thanks for the lead , This may be the only way to go . I am no different to the person looking for the last 1934 , 16 inch wheel also on this forum . I also took a tape to the garage only to find that my spares are also 17 inch. I also am hoping one " Pops out of the Woodwork". Thanks again, Regards.

• 1 year later...
Guest Oldman Freeman

post-140006-0-79488400-1455772135_thumb.

Hi,

I'm not sure if the wheel I have pictured is the one Studica is looking for, or even if he is still looking 15 months later. Do the wheels in question have three studs on the backside as seen in the picture of my wheel?

Steve

Guest Oldman Freeman

I can get a better picture tomorrow. The wheel in question is one of the three matching white ones in this picture! They are very straight and clean.post-140006-0-19324200-1455775509_thumb.

Guest Oldman Freeman

The studs were used for balancing weights.  Could you give some of the wheel measurements? Bolt pattern and hub cap hole. Are all those wheels the same and are they for sale?

Thanks.

The three white wheels pictured above are the same. The other 5 are Kelsey Hayes. I am willing to sell these wheels. I don't think they have ever been repainted. They are in very good shape.

Wheel measurements are: Bead: 16"x 4 1/2", lug space: 5 1/4" (on center of studs), hubcap: 5 3/4". The only letters/numbers I find stamped on them are: "US PATS PEND". They look like they have original paint on them. No sign of ever being rusty. One of them as a bit of "protective differential leakage" on the inside. Must have had a bad seal on the differential.

PS: I also have a headlight which I've been told is from a 1935 Studebaker. I'd like to find a mate to it or to pass it on to someone who needs it. I'll add a picture.

post-140006-0-21222600-1455817764_thumb.

post-140006-0-05124800-1455817798_thumb.

post-140006-0-33143700-1455817834_thumb.

post-140006-0-49653900-1455817868_thumb.

post-140006-0-71192800-1455818115_thumb.

Edited by Oldman Freeman (see edit history)

Guest Oldman Freeman

The three white wheels pictured above are the same. The other 5 are Kelsey Hayes. I am willing to sell these wheels. I don't think they have ever been repainted. They are in very good shape.

Wheel measurements are: Bead: 16"x 4 1/2", lug space: 5 1/4" (on center of studs), hubcap: 5 3/4". The only letters/numbers I find stamped on them are: "US PATS PEND". They look like they have original paint on them. No sign of ever being rusty. One of them as a bit of "protective differential leakage" on the inside. Must have had a bad seal on the differential.

PS: I also have a headlight which I've been told is from a 1935 Studebaker. I'd like to find a mate to it or to pass it on to someone who needs it. I'll add a picture.

Was it something I said? Several people commented about the wheels and two even sounded like they might want them so I added more pictures and measurements. Is there something in the photos or specs that takes them out of the Studebaker world? Thanks!

Was it something I said? Several people commented about the wheels and two even sounded like they might want them so I added more pictures and measurements. Is there something in the photos or specs that takes them out of the Studebaker world? Thanks!

I am not able to check the bolt pattern for a couple weeks. If the pattern will work on the 35 commander I would need 5 matching wheels.  I think Peter needs the one that has replaceable spokes to match the ones on his car.  Thanks for supplying the info.  Hopefully this posting will find a buyer for you  

Guest Oldman Freeman

I am not able to check the bolt pattern for a couple weeks. If the pattern will work on the 35 commander I would need 5 matching wheels.  I think Peter needs the one that has replaceable spokes to match the ones on his car.  Thanks for supplying the info.  Hopefully this posting will find a buyer for you  

Thanks for the update. Sorry, I don’t have 5 of them. Sorry too, that mine don’t have replaceable spokes!

Do you have an idea what would be a fair price to ask for mine? I have an idea what the Kelsey Hayes wheels I have to fit Fords are going for but not Budds.

Thanks,

Steve