1934 Running Boards

Stevemo

Two appear to be Ws, the windshield corners come down to a point like a 1934 Dodge. One of them has the front bumpers join in the middle, the other does not. I have not seen photos of the 3rd.

Cheers, Steve

Okay, the one where the bumpers did not join is now in France so it is not an option. I talked to the seller of the other one and he thinks it is a 417W. Some sniffing around shows that this car has a connection with Ford, has anybody tried putting Ford running boards on a Hupmobile? Does anybody know roughly how many 417W's still exist?

Thanks again, Steve

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

He only has the supports and rear fenders in the attached photos. I am pretty sure I will be owning the running boards so I won't tempt anybody with the photos of them for the time being. :P

To answer my original question, I have found you can use Ford running boards on the W series but you would need to convert to a full Ford front clip and rear fenders.

Steve

post-98704-143142581155_thumb.jpg

post-98704-143142581149_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, here are a few photos of my new running boards thanks to Jerry. Any ideas on what I should pay to have these tuned up?

The last running board part I am looking for now is the driver's side rear support that bolts to the frame.

Thanks again, Steve

post-98704-143142609847_thumb.jpg

post-98704-143142609841_thumb.jpg

post-98704-143142609844_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...