Survey-who's going to Detroit for the 100 year celebration?

Going to be in Det from June 20th to the 30th.

Looking forward to meeting people, customers, vendors, vehicles to take a lot of pictures, learn, buy.sell and to see family. I was born and raised in Detroit until 6 years ago when I moved to Ca.

Any input:cool:

Any questions about the area? I will try to answer.

Thanks

Dave with:

Dodge City Vintage

Jamestown Ca. 95327 post-78906-143142498497_thumb.jpg

I will be wearing this hat.

post-78906-143142498474_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Dave, I'm planning on attending the car show portion of this event. I'm not a member of any Dodge/Chrysler clubs. Heck, I don't even own one (yet:)). I noticed on the club itinerary that the day after the car show they will be touring the Chrysler Museum. Any idea if a non-club member could sneak in? :rolleyes:This museum is closed to the public now and I never got a chance to see it.

I'm new in this business (2 years working it) that I'm helping the wife of the guy that started this over 30 years ago. He passed away from a stroke 3 years ago. Didn't even know what a Mopar was. Been all over the forums for the last couple of years that I know of. That's how I found out. Are you planning on going? You have some neat cars.

Dave, I'm planning on attending the car show portion of this event. I'm not a member of any Dodge/Chrysler clubs. Heck, I don't even own one (yet:)). I noticed on the club itinerary that the day after the car show they will be touring the Chrysler Museum. Any idea if a non-club member could sneak in? :rolleyes:This museum is closed to the public now and I never got a chance to see it.

All is invited. We have a 34 Dodge truck in the Museum. I'll make sure that you will be-able to get in.

Go on their web:

http://www.dodgebrothersclub.org/centennial_meet

[h=1]garland_logo.gifDodge Brothers Club[/h]

[h=2]Navigation[/h]

[h=2]User login[/h]<form action="http://www.dodgebrothersclub.org/centennial_meet?destination=node%2F6" accept-charset="UTF-8" method="post" id="user-login-form" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-align: center;"><label for="edit-name" style="display: block; font-weight: bold;">Username: *</label><input type="text" maxlength="60" name="name" id="edit-name" size="15" value="" class="form-text required" style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; color: rgb(81, 93, 82);">

<label for="edit-pass" style="display: block; font-weight: bold;">Password: *</label><input type="password" name="pass" id="edit-pass" maxlength="60" size="15" class="form-text required" style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; color: rgb(81, 93, 82);">

<input type="submit" name="op" id="edit-submit" value="Log in" class="form-submit" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(81, 93, 82); margin: 0px;">

</form>

[h=2]2014 Centennial Meet[/h][TABLE=width: 1108]

<tbody style="border: 0px;">[TR]

[TD]
tour-logo2.png

You are invited to come and participate in this celebration and to bring your cars!
We would like to see every model of every vehicle built by Dodge Brothers and Dodge between 1914 and 1938. We also want to see the GB trucks!

The Dodge Brothers Centennial tour is Sunday June 22 - Friday June 27, 2014

The local meet committee and the national club are committed to making this an event to remember.

Host hotel information: Hilton Suites, Auburn Hills, MI

$99/night + tax, includes continental breakfast

Reservations cannot be made until June, 23, 2013.

A notice will be posted here when reservations will be accepted and the details for making them.

More information will be posted as plans are finalized. Check back often.

In the meantime, if you have comments, suggestions, concerns, etc you can contact me at:

Get those cars ready for 2014!

Respectfully,

Barry Cogan

Centennial meet committee member

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #CCCCFF]
Frequently Asked Questions:

The Hotel is now taking Reservations

hrd_logo.jpg

Click the Hilton logo above to reserve a room using the special group rate Hilton has provided us.

Use the following information if booking by phone:

Group Name: Dodge Brothers Club

Group Code: DODGE

Check-in: 22-JUN-2014

Check-out: 28-JUN-2014

Hotel Name: Hilton Auburn Hills Suites

Hotel Address: 2300 Featherstone Road

Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326-2844

Hotel Phone: 248-322-2222

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 1010]

<tbody style="border: 0px;">[TR]

[TD]2014 DODGE BROTHERS CENTENNIAL TOUR

June 22 – June 27, 2014

Detroit, MI vicinity

[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sunday, June 22:[/TD]

[TD]Registration

Evening ice cream social at local church

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Monday, June 23:[/TD]

[TD]Drive cars to The Henry Ford

Spend day visiting The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village

Optional behind the scenes tour of Benson Ford Research Center

Breakfast at hotel, other meals on your own

60 miles round trip

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tuesday, June 24:[/TD]

[TD]Drive cars to Woodlawn Cemetery and visit gravesite of John and Horace Dodge

Drive to 1904 Ford Piquette Plant

Drive to Edsel and Eleanor Ford House

Approximately 70 miles round trip

Breakfast at hotel, lunch provided, dinner on your own

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wednesday, June 25:[/TD]

[TD]Bus trip to Gilmore Museum, Hickory Corners, MI

Breakfast at hotel, lunch provided, dinner on your own

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Thursday, June 26:[/TD]

[TD]Car show at Meadow Brook Hall, public invited

Evening banquet at Meadow Brook Hall

All meals provided

10 miles round trip

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Friday, June 27:[/TD]

[TD]Morning swap meet, tech sessions, etc

Drive to and tour Walter P Chrysler Museum

Breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinner being negotiated

4 miles round trip

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

DODGE BROTHERS CLUB©,INC. Founded 1983 Incorporated 1986 For the research and preservati

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

im a bunch of mopar forums and never heard of this

The meet is put on by the Dodge Brothers Club which recognizes Dodge Brothers vehicles from 1914 to 1938. 1939 and up are Dodges (No Brothers) and not officially part of the club. Obviously any and all are welcome to this one of a kind event. I doubt any of us will be around for the two hundredth anniversary!

• 3 weeks later...

Yup. Old Walter P. Chrysler was the president of Buick when the first 1914 Dodge cars were rolling off of the line. I did some work on a 1914 D.B. roadster for a friend a number of years ago. I remember that it had a Magneto instead of the North East ignition system that was used not long after. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77

Larry, we must have passed each other multiple times. As a matter of fact that's me standing to the right with my back turned in your 11th picture! Lol. I was there from 11 to about 1:15 today. I'll be posting a bunch of pictures and some videos in a little while.

Dave, I looked everywhere for a guy wearing that hat. Didn't find you. I'm still thinking about trying to sneak into the Chrysler museum tomorrow. A Dodge Club member told me it starts at 2:30 and that they are charging $4 to get in.

Why... It is a small world. When you get to the BBQ after the big day, And meet up with those of similar interests you finally realize how small the world is. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, There is a Dodge Brothers on nearly every street corner. :cool: And a Ford T in almost every yard between those corners. :P Well, at least back in the day there was. I have a friend with around a 1925 Graham Brothers Truck. I bet they would let him in the gate. Dandy Dave!