Pic of old Studebaker dealer

I was born and raised in Washington, PA and don't remember that. Where was it?

Until September of 1959 I lived on Wylie Avenue, two blocks from Deik McClelland Studebaker-Mercedes.

I understand that back in the teens/twenties there was a local depot for wagons and cars but I'm not aware of the location. I don't remember the plaster logo on any buildings in my memory.

A lot of times the old facades were covered over when new businesses were established in the same building. They are re-discovered when they are taken down. That terra cotta wheel dates from the early to mid 1920s. Remarkably thee are several buildings around the country that still have them. I keep a roster of those known.

• 6 months later...

No, Tim. The one which my first post indicated I did not recognize, even though I was born and raised in Washington, PA ! :eek:

Until I used Dave's link to Google Maps I didn't realize it was the same building where I was employed from 1967 to 1968.

I detailed an awful lot of Stingers, Super Bees, Dusters, New Yorkers and Crown Imperials in that building; also washed the showroom windows and swept the shop floors.

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)

I knew George Stewart in fact his son works at Home Depot. My dad has a Chrysler and Plymouth dealership in Waynesburg, Pa.. Where George was in Washington use to be Bus Terminal because I left for Fort Knox, Ky. from there. George use to come over to Waynesburg and talk to me ever now and then. They are all gone now and it history.