Question about a side trim emblem I found while metal detecting..

Guest Danny M

Guest Danny M

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I ended up digging this emblem from what I assume is from the side of a 50s - 60s car, but I, nor anyone I know can figure out what it is from. Honestly it might be a simple thing that I just couldn't think of at the time but I figured this would be a good place to ask! :o Thanks in advance for any information given! I'm sure I'll have more questionable finds soon! ;)

post-100639-143142497559_thumb.jpg

Guest Henry White

That is Mopar, "the forward look" from about 1956, Plymouth IIRC. On second thought, it may be 1960 Dodge. Dang old age, I know I am close.

Guest Danny M
Does it have the logo with the letters "DPCD" with some numbers on the back?

It says "RH 1904696" unfortunately that's all I've got for writing...now that I think about it, if the RH stands for Right Hand the picture may even be upside down...

That would be pretty sweet if it was Mopar though :o. Our original best guess was Dodge or Plymouth too, but I couldn't guess what it would've been x.x ...

Thanks guys :D

Edited by Danny M (see edit history)

Guest Henry White

1961 hmm. I have sold NOS ones before but it was decades ago. It should have the DPCD logo, it will be two letters over two others, not in line. BTW, thee casting numbers are not the same as part numbers. Correct me if I am wrong guys, my memory is failing. Post us up some more pics of finds. You can send me any civil war stuff you find!

its on the front fender between the headlight and the wheel

jan

Yes, I know where it goes on the car/fender. I am saying that the DPCD logo MUST be on the part somewhere on the backside.

post-37352-143142498713_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Danny M
Yes, I know where it goes on the car/fender. I am saying that the DPCD logo MUST be on the part somewhere on the backside.

I cleaned it up a bit more and I uncovered a little more writing but it looks to say AAGZ (from what I could see through the corrosion). I took a few pictures of the back of it and of the writing I could see on it. Thanks for the information everyone =), that definitely looks to be the car! :D

Here's the images :

post-100639-143142499073_thumb.jpg

post-100639-143142499059_thumb.jpg

post-100639-143142499068_thumb.jpg

Doubt that is was reproduced, but I have been surprised before to see a MoPar part without the DPCD. Very rare to see a Chrysler part without it, though.

Guest prs519

Yes, I too have seen LH and RH parts with the same part number with one of them, nevertheless, lacking the MOPAR alphabet logo. Actually, I have noticed frequent differences in what is there, and what lacks, in many of the cast parts, regardless of the brand origin. Perhaps the molds "filled in" or broke off fairly easily?