1938 chrysler royal

Guest omiotek

Guest omiotek

Hello everyone. I am new here. Just purchased a 1938 c-18 chassis Chrysler royal to start restoring. Most of the car is there and a lot of it is salvageable. However I was woundering if anyone had good leads or sources for parts or maybe you have parts I can use. Any information would be great. Thankyou

Matt

Guest omiotek

Hello keiser. It's still loaded up inside my trailer. I will unload it tomorrow and I will gladly take some for you. I'm really happy with the car. Needs some tlc but most of the cars there and a lot of the next to impossible to find grill and trim is there and undamaged.

Guest omiotek

here are the pics as promised.... definately needs some tlc but i feel pretty happy with my purchase.

IMAG0156_zpszqd7z5j8.jpg

IMAG0157_zpsp7uzxrsz.jpg

IMAG0158_zpssujj9rff.jpg

IMAG0159_zpsvqgiy2ax.jpg

IMAG0160_zpsafiwv0em.jpg

IMAG0161_zpstdpzq7nb.jpg

IMAG0162_zpsa2yhmxt0.jpg

Guest omiotek
Looks like you bought a winner. The body looks great and the interior isn't at all bad. OK, time to get to work.

Rog

We are going to start next week and attempt getting it fired. Ordering new wires plugs coil battery oil filter and a radiator cap for now. The engine rotates by hand and the transmission seems to shift into all the gears even though the clutch has no pressure. Brakes I will be getting all new parts for and bending my own lines. But first I want to see if she will start up and run....

Guest omiotek

Thanks guys. Been. Already starting to compile my lists. Will totally redo the suspension and change out all the worn parts new shocks and bushings, disk brake conversion up front and possibly in the rear with all new lines and master cylinder and clutch slave. I'm sure I'll be asking a lit of advice from some of you. I'm more mechanically knowledable with fuel injected cars but body work I'm no stranger too

Guest omiotek
Nice car!

You'll find lots of good information and some very helpful & friendly Mopar forums over at www.p15-d24.com

They'll be very interested in your Chrysler.

Thanks. I look forward go getting started.just this little info has been so helpful

Guest AlCapone

Nice car ! First and foremost get the old gasoline out and the gas tank thoroughly cleaned ! Wayne

Guest omiotek

Nice car ! First and foremost get the old gasoline out and the gas tank thoroughly cleaned ! Wayne

Wayne

The gas tank is pretty rusty and ugly...... My plan is to remove the tank and sods blast it first along with my compiled list of stuff. If it ends up not having any holes put in it I might reuse it but as of right now my plan is to build a new tank with a mild sump or find a reproduction.

I think to fire this I'm going to use a new spare gas can I have twords the front of the car just to get it fired as I don't want to risk rusty lines either. Blowing them clean or running cleaner through them isn't always a guarantee.

Thanks for your input though it's appreciated greatly

Guest omiotek
Omiotek

Looks like a great and solid project. Nice car! Do you mind if we move your thread to the restoration area?

Don't mind one bit. I wasent sure where to post it as my original post was edit parts sourcing haha. How do you feel about leaving it here just for general discussion and when I actually start work we can close this thread and I will start a new thread dedicated to the restoration. If you want to move it though feel free.

If you're going to start a specific restoration thread, that's fine. Most of the restoration threads, though, start just the way you've started this one, i.e. "I bought this, and am looking for parts." I think it makes the whole restoration thread more interesting. I'll leave it up to you.

Guest omiotek
By the way, this man may have parts you're looking for.

http://forums.aaca.org/f119/1938-chrysler-custom-imp-c20-144-a-350836.html

Thanks for the link. Also go ahead and move it. If I decide I wanna do a specific thread I will have you guys pick thus one and I will start another.

Again I appreciate all the info here. I'm a young guy and in the sport compact business of forced induction turbo cars and dealing with a lit if guys my age is a complete joke. The maturity here is great.

Guest omiotek

Hey west Peterson do you know if the front fenders and trunk are the same as that imperial you linked me to?

Guest omiotek

yeah that's my guess too haha. no one seems to know. I know the wheel base is a little longer but I think a lot of the body work is the same.

yeah that's my guess too haha. no one seems to know. I know the wheel base is a little longer but I think a lot of the body work is the same.

I believe the eight cylinder cars had longer front fenders than the six cylinder car.

Guest omiotek

yeah that's what im leaded to think.... the trunk and the panel underneath it is the worst on mine...... that's why I truly seak I can probably fix the fender.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest rboysinmt

We built a 38 Chrysler royal ghostrod a few yrs ago. We are now starting a second one. We bought a 37 Chrysler as a extra parts car, we'll have mostly a full car left over. Transmition, rear end, front end, rims, etc. I built my on frame and new engine/ tranny. We're in Montana.