1903 Peerless brass hood

mikewest

I acquired some very early parts from a friend that has had them since the 1960s. There is a early hood and short brass steering column/spider and wheel that came from the same location. The hood is marked "Peerless" . It is all brass construction, has a hinged panel on the top to access the motor and 2 panels on the sides. It appears that it was painted with the exception of 2 strips the full length where the sides meet the top. It appears this area was polished (similar to a 1905 Franklin cross engine car). The front is open where the radiator coils came out from under. This item would look great polished up for display. The boys in Australia would build a whole car around it. (very handy and clever people).It anyone has any intereset ,please email me. Mike

• Like 1

I acquired some very early parts from a friend that has had them since the 1960s. There is a early hood and short brass steering column/spider and wheel that came from the same location. The hood is marked "Peerless" . It is all brass construction, has a hinged panel on the top to access the motor and 2 panels on the sides. It appears that it was painted with the exception of 2 strips the full length where the sides meet the top. It appears this area was polished (similar to a 1905 Franklin cross engine car). The front is open where the radiator coils came out from under. This item would look great polished up for display. The boys in Australia would build a whole car around it. (very handy and clever people).It anyone has any intereset ,please email me. Mike

Your hood appears to be off a 1903 two cylinder Peerless. I did not realize they were brass. This is a very rare car.

• Like 1