Door handle removal tool

Guest gursey

Guest gursey

Hello all.

My door handle came off in my son's hand last night. After speaking with another T-Bird owner, he said I need a door handle tool to fix this. I am wondering if I can just use a credit card or something like that to get the clip back aound the shaft. Is anyone familiar with putting the handles back on? I live in Alaska, the and costs and shipping times make getting the tool a bit harder. I will get one with an order for other parts I have in the future, unless you think I need one now.

Any advice/tip/tricks would be extremely appreciated.

Hi Gursey,

I think you are in luck. You really only need the tool to release the clip and take the door handle off. To put the door handle on you need to have the clip back in place, place it on the shaft in the door and with some gentle persuasion it should go back in place. That has been my experience with my '57.

Regards,

Guest gursey

Thank you so much. It worked! I took some pliers and squeezed the clip a little to make it tighter, the wiggled it until it secured itself. The clip wanted to pop out of the groove a couple times, but suddenly it secured itself.

Thanks again for the help. You saved me driving around town with a somewhat large blemish on my door (handle missing.) :)

Greg