Parting out Silver 91 Coupe with 147K, letting it all go cheap too (Kentuckiana)

Reattatude

I have decided (due to slow sales) to hang on to it until probably next year... Paypal OK

I can send pix, pull most bolt on stuff, or if I cant do it & you are local, make an appointment and self-pull. I'm not in the parts business, I'm in the get-it-outta-my-driveway business -- on comparable condition parts I will shoot for beating online auctions price by 30% or more, for starters. That should offer my fellow forum members some good deals and I can make a little money too, to buy a security camera system - ha ha. Post or PM your requests.

post-59376-143142491209_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reattatude (see edit history)

! If I dont get many requests for color-specific bits I may put them on ebay for better exposure. The center caps are probably going to go to auction unless I get serious offers, I know they are getting rare. One is a Barney-crafted repro, the other 3 are all the best designed cap with the star-shaped spring.

At this writing the car is about 99% complete & original, noting the exception that it has a Rivera-burlwood dash bezel and not the stock bezel.

I will list the sold parts in this thread as they sell so check the lists before you make your requests. Thanks!

SOLD: Original Dash Bezel (not IPC) $25 - (Nice Burlwood Riviera bezel still available w/ like new cubbyhole/hinged compartment)

SOLD: Frt & Rear Bumper cover Trim Pieces $25 ea.

SOLD**: (4) 16" Aluminum Wheels $200 **partial purchase & trade

SOLD: Power Antenna w/ Mast (traded)

SOLD: ® Fog Lamp w/ housing $5.00

SOLD: Climate Ctn Unit $35.00

SOLD: Shifter Indicator $15.00

SOLD: Front Air Dam $15.00

PLEASE NOTE! - Concerning requests to HOLD parts you wish to self-pull. I will only reserve those parts for up to 14 days -- others may also be interested and ready. IF you REALLY REALLY need a large part but cant pick it up for a couple of months then I will allow a 25% deposit to hold the parts for you.

If you are in a situation where there are smaller bolt-on & larger parts you need I would advise placing priority on the small parts and remit payment for them separately while they last. I would think that the doors, panel, glass, etc will be the last things to go if they sell at all.

I am interested in what is left of the car for a restoration project even without the center caps. PM sent

I edited the first post to disclose what I consider the major issues the car has - of course this is not an inclusive list. Anyone may call me for more details just send a PM please.

Reattadude

I completely understand. I wish the Reatta and collector community would embrace saving all 1991 Reattas - convertibles and coupes. There is nothing wrong with the 1988-1990's BUT the limited production means the 1991's ought to be considered for restoration.

I find it amusing that the 1991 only parts are snapped up quickly. Reminds me of the 1964-66 Nailhead Dual Quad parts demand.

I also wonder, and don't mean to monopolize your thread, but wonder how many 1991 coupes are left. Been 23 years. i can't remember the exact number made, like 1250 or so. I would "guesstimate" about 250 in any condition. Many were maintained and taken well into the 2000's.

I think this car is something like #1260 yea Buick didnt make a lot of them.

unfortunate that the parts are worth more than the car the vandals didnt take amy of this into consideration Im afraid ... leaves me in a situation where I simply must squeeze every $dollar i can from a bad situation. someday the survivors may be worth a lot though and i will have to kick myself!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump 4 Me with a car full of decent parts

I would think Reatta owners would want spare parts o hand like IPC, switches, turn signals etc. dont think I will ever buy another 1991

so if I cant sell these things the junk-man will get them.

Guest WEB 38

Hi David, got the inst. panel thank you . Is the IPC In good cond. also is the headlight switch the same as the 90? What would you need for these? Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, please send me a PM and then if you want to communicate by standard email that's optional if you want to share your email addy.

Some emails are just bouncing back and there is not much I can do about that if you don't send a PM follow-up.