Wagon Mania- 64 LeSabre wagon

This one found me through this board, a local guy contacted me about it through this board.

I finally went to see it and it is the real deal numbers KX block, a/c, cruise, rear wiper, PW PSeat.

Full details after it gets to the garage, but a deal has been made and it will follow me home.

I had not seen a rear wiper on this model before-how great is that!

post-30759-143142490686_thumb.jpg

post-30759-143142490692_thumb.jpg

post-30759-143142490689_thumb.jpg

Interesting how they used the 63 taillights on this wagon. I love the dashboards on these cars! Good luck with this one Ted.

I know, I did not catch that until I looked at a 64 Wildcat and saw the difference. I really like the rear qtr ending in compact fin, tailgate between - very stylin'.

I think a Wildcat grill would look just fine on the front :-)

Ted,

Very nice find, loaded with options as you noted, not to mention the front cornering lights, and rooftop luggage rack. That was one high-dollar wagon when new! I think I have an extra right rear body side molding, if needed, and I have an extra tail light housing provided they are the same as the sedans, which I'm not sure of.

Pete

Guest Rob McDonald

Scratch a Buick guy and you'll find a station wagon lover underneath. This one's a beaut.

Ted ,

Its just a money pit , If I were you, I would sell it to me !!!!

On the otherhand, That is a score ! I saw one at Carlisle 2 years ago, a 62 Invicta wagon

with 2x4's( not sure if it was a replanted 425) dog dish caps, painted wide rim and tires.

Anyway good luck with it and keep posting your progess.

Bill

Bill

Picked it up today- I left the house in the rain but had none while changing tires, pushing car around and loading on trailer, thank you Mom, looking after us today. Pictures soon, but good things are - PW work, including tailgate. 4-note horn sounds huge freight train your in my way. Headliner is perfect and seats are all intact, no holes, barely any wear.

Doors close like a vault, nothing like a full frame window to seal up. Engine did not turn with starter, must do some investigation. Hopefully block is ok.

I'm taking the engine apart now. Carbs are on their way to Carmen Faso, rims are on the way to stripper.

note to 64 people: rims for this wagon had the larger diameter centering hole- steel rims from a 65 will not work - I will check later if later Formula 5 wheels will bolt up if centering ring is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the engine- the KX block has #1 piston blown, in pieces and a hole in the cylinder wall. Eventually it will get sleeved, but in the interest of current enjoyment I'm installing a temporary engine. I built one for my black 65 Wildcat that is ready to run- just need to pull pilot bushing and intake.. Let's go!

• 3 weeks later...
OK, I'm going to "test" a Wildcat grill on the wagon. A 64 just popped up in my neighborhood and it now has a new home...

Hey Ted, I'm thinking that building you call the "New Mill" is really going to be your new garage to hold all these recent and future aquistions...........I can see it now.......a multi level car storage facility with lifts.......PERFECT !!

The Formual Five wheels 65 - 70 will work if the register rings are removed. I did this to a set an ran them on my '63 Riviera for many years with no problems.

I'm with you on the Wildcat grill. If you do the grill, why not go all the way with the Wildcat stainless side trim, buckets, and a 4-speed. The ultimate '64 wagon.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I'm taking the engine apart now. Carbs are on their way to Carmen Faso, rims are on the way to stripper.

note to 64 people: rims for this wagon had the larger diameter centering hole- steel rims from a 65 will not work - I will check later if later Formula 5 wheels will bolt up if centering ring is gone.

Ted, `64 factory wheels (Wildcat) do not have the centering ring so if you find a `64 set you will be OK. I have original `64 wheels in varying condition depending on your needs. If you are interested send me a PM. Cool wagon...definitely in the right hands.

What diff does it have? Just curious,

Tom

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...