Model T Fan Fitment

Steve_Mack_CT

Anyone know if the later Model T fan (larger pulley, blades screw into hub vs, rivets) assy. will work in a brass radiador vs. black radiator car? Not so concerned with authenticity but found a nice later assembly. I already know the mounting bracket will need to be changed.

THANKS

Steve

Steve- You will definitely have to use the early style "bent" looking mounting bracket. You will also want to use the later style aluminum pulley that has the short "neck". By neck, I mean the area in between the pulley flange and where the fan blade assembly bolts to. Also, you may or may not have to trim the fan blades to clear the top of the radiator tank. Ford made a couple of different versions of the bolted on fan assembly. I have done this modifications a few times myself and it can easily be done. Hope this helps.

Guy, thanks once again for your usual great advice. Definately going with the short, bent bracket and I figured the aluminum pulley was an advantage over the older style. I was looking at an older riveted fan assy. and the blades seemed very small - I thought it was cut down but strangely the ends seemed too perfect for that. Vendor could not tell for sure. So I went with the larger, later fan assuming it would fit or I could make it fit with minimal effort. Can't tell for certain but eyeballing the assy. up against the rad seems to indicate a tight fit, but a fit. If I need to I could take a little off the fan blades, and the plan is to run a waterpump as well, about the only engine accesory I think I will need at this time... :D

P.S. - if you attend Hershey this year let me know, would like to buy you some breakfast or lunch!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
calrification (see edit history)

Steve- Also keep in mind there are a lot of fan belt sizes available for the Model T. I would get everything,including the water pump, mounted and lined up where it needs to be then measure the length of belt that you need. The vendors such as Langs carry all the fan belt varieties.

Looking for to having lunch with you in the future! Thanks for the offer.