Premier, Indianapolis Indiana

20Premier

I wanted to start this thread to get Premier owners together and help make it possible to find more parts for all years of Premiers. If you don't want to be public with your car, but would like to be part of a private Premier Registry you can send me a private message. My Premier is in the Our Cars & Restorations section under 20Premier, take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge Premier made three models in 1909. A touring 7 passenger, Roadster 3 to 4 passenger, and a Limousine. Pretty good sale price for a Premier chassis at the Bonhams auction. I think it says a lot about the quality of Premier cars than this chassis # 1359 went for that amount.

• 2 months later...

I was looking at ebay today and found an interesting item. Some vendor named pinlady1 incorrectly listed a pair of earings as Peerless; instead they clearly read: "Premier Automobiles -- Indianapolis" with an oakleaf motif on a green background. Will probably be 5 years before another pair of those come up for sale! ( still for sale as of 11/20/14 on ebay under "Peerless" and "Collectibles" )

I'm glad to see Premier has a Forum now.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

The February Hemmings had a report from the 2017 Carmel, CA event called Bonhams Quail Lodge Auction. A 1904 Premier Model F tonneau was sold there. There was a picture of the nicely-restored green car, reminding me(because of a similar front end) of a 1905 Franklin I saw at Medicine Lodge in 1970. The Premier has a 4-cylinder ,18 h.p. engine and fetched $341,000. 

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/7/2014 at 7:51 PM, ersatzS2 said:

There is a premier speedster in the Ralph Cox collection up for auction this weekend in NJ. See Bonhams auction here : http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22174/

1909 Premier Model 45 45/55hp 6-cylinder Raceabout Chassis no. 1359

1909 Premier Model 45 45/55hp 6-cylinder Raceabout Chassis no. 1359. Sold for US$143,000 inc. premium

This link leads to an excellent synopsis of the Premier make -- plus a photo of the re-bodied speedster. For Bonhams to come across the pond and do a sale for one collection must mean Dr. Cox had one of legendary status.