Any one have a 1954 kaiser darrin carburetor

nick8086

The Darrin carburetor (original) was made in St. Louis, Missouri, not Brazil.

It is a unique carburetor, as it has a 1 5/16 main venturi, on a S.A.E. size 2 frame (ALL other Carter YF's with the 1 5/16 venturi are built on the S.A.E. size 3 frame.

My information shows the Darrin to be a 161 CID 6. Kaiser's standard 161 CID 6 used the S.A.E. size 2 frame, but the main venturi was 1 1/4 rather than 1 5/16 (1/16 smaller). These, while not common, are available. I believe the standard carb would work, but would somewhat reduce the power of the Darrin engine at W.O.T.

Jon.

The car has a 4 cylinder willy jeep carb . Made in Brazil. I can not get a kit for it..

I just want the car to run to raise money for kids....That is my goal ... You do not see this kind of car running.

The last time it was out - 2005..

Looks like there is a running one every week at the big dollar auctions!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlCapone

Hopefully you sent the donor a yearly subscription to AACA ! That was very generous of him ! Wayne

• 6 months later...
Guest Kaiserdarrin104@vmail.com
Any one have a 1954 kaiser Darrin carburetor for sale..

Nick, you have three choices. Yf 924,937 or 2071. They are for the Wiily f head six, 161 cubic inch engine. They should work. Anything else you try will be for a 4 cylinder. You might have to shave the top to make the carb cleaner low enough for the hood to close. Best of luck. Ignore the others on this website who have nothing to offer but jokes about your problem.

Aloha rich