DOUBLE SIDED PORCELAIN FRANKLIN SIGN

Guest O'Keefe

Guest O'Keefe

I purchased this sign in the 70's from an auction. It is in mint condition, so much so that people refer to it as a repro. However repros are never double sided. I have been told that it was produced for the Franklin Motor Club. Does anyone have any information about this? I do have pictures available. You can email for a copy of the photo. Okeefegrange@yahoo.ca.

I work with only an IPad, was born in the 40's and consider myself computer illerate, so please send future conversations through my email address. Much appreciated.

Bill

Edited by O'Keefe
Additional info. (see edit history)

Guest O'Keefe

Many thanks for your reply. Before I consider selling the sign I would like to know some of it's history. Who was John Hasslen? And why did he have a sign made, for what purpose? Bill

Many thanks for your reply. Before I consider selling the sign I would like to know some of it's history. Who was John Hasslen? And why did he have a sign made' date=' for what purpose? Bill[/quote']

John was along time HHFC member who produced many replacement parts for the cars and also produced and sold these signs to Club members. His son Jeff has continued the parts business but the signs were a one time run I believe. If you have a Franklin, why would you sell it? GH

Guest groinky
John was along time HHFC member who produced many replacement parts for the cars and also produced and sold these signs to Club members. His son Jeff has continued the parts business but the signs were a one time run I believe. If you have a Franklin, why would you sell it? GH

I have one of these double sided signs hanging in my garage. It looks fabulous and gets as many comments as the cars.

I agree with Gordon, hang it up over a Franklin