F/S; Jordan 1929-31 Columbia rear axle. May be used on Auburn as well. See info.

Go to the general buy sell forum and Classic car forum. Photos are there. Here is Ebay link:Up for no reserve auction is a VERY rare 1930-31 Columbia rear axle assembly removed from a Jordan Model Z Sportsman Sedan during the World War Two Scrap drives. Please share this auction with other owners of Jordan cars. The car was a low mileage stored vehicle, and the Warner Hi Flex 4 speed Model T4A transmission was the only other item saved when the car was scrapped as spares for the owners other Jordan Speedway Ace show car roadster that is now restored.

See old Cars Weekly article: Long Hidden Jordan Speedway Ace Revealed…Somewhere East of Anchorage - Ebay seems to be a little paranoid about inserting links into auctions, please drop me a note & I will be happy to send you a direct link to this article.

I purchased the rear axle and the transmission back in 2008 from car restorer Jim Capaldi of Ohio, who restored the Speedway Ace for the present owner. I sold the trans back in 2008 to a Duesenberg owner. Mr. Capaldi told me that a piece inside of the axle carrier was broken in the Speedway Ace's rear axle, so he took the piece out of my axle, which he had to disassemble to get it. He did not give me the broken piece from the first axle. I do not know exactly what piece it was. However I have what appears to be a virtually complete axle with virtually no use on it. See photos of disassembled Jordan axle. The axle shafts also say Columbia on them. Also includes brake drums. In addition, at Hershey several years ago for $550 I bought the second complete period Columbia axle shown, to be used as a doner for anything the Jordan axle might need internally. This second axle is included in the auction. You are bidding on BOTH axles. As you can see of the first several photos, the two axle housings are identical in size and width and length, even though the spring perches are slightly different, and the ends that the brake drums bolt to are different. The photo of the inside of the second axle shows a ring and pinion in superb condition! I see no wear on the teeth. I am fairly certain with this second Columbia axle, you can complete the first axle for use. Other independents used Columbia axles, including Peerless, Paige Elkcar, Mercer, Gardner, Locomobile, etc. I do not have an interchange guide so I do not know what other axles this can be used in place of. This stuff too heavy to pack and ship. Haul easily in a car trunk or pickup bed, or find a hauler on uship. Will store for 90ish days for you. Sorry no other Jordan parts. George Albright, Ocala, Fla. gnalbright AT gm-ail DOT COM 3 5 2 8 4 3 1 6 2 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...