Is this an overdrive transmission?

keiser31

Probably not as tough as finding the lock-out cable. First you need to find the number of the solenoid. I don't think it's a Delco-Remy like Packard used. Do you have a specific vehicle in mind for this?

I have no vehicle in mind for it. I just found it and would like to sell it. I originally wanted to see if it would work in my 1931 Dodge Brother DH6, but not sure if I want to alter the car. More photos....

post-37352-143142480141_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142480149_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142480158_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I would say the same, R7 unit 1938-9 with kick down, column shift car. Looks like the solenoid is correct and there, but it looks like some of the shift linkage went with the car? Should have two levers on the left hand side? Hard to tell the scale, the six cylinder units are easy to pick up, the eight cylinder transmission is larger and heavier.

I would say the same, R7 unit 1938-9 with kick down, column shift car. Looks like the solenoid is correct and there, but it looks like some of the shift linkage went with the car? Should have two levers on the left hand side? Hard to tell the scale, the six cylinder units are easy to pick up, the eight cylinder transmission is larger and heavier.

The one in post #1 is the one I needed an identification for. The one in post #3 is from a different thread and not mine. The one I have definitely takes two guys to handle.

Autolite SSB 4001 solenoid.

Without a top plate for the floor shifter, the correct application will be 1940 or later Chrysler 6 or DeSoto. However, would work well in most Mopars from 39 on to 48 with out the fluid drive, and could also be fitted to Dodge and Plymouth. As I mentioned in the other thread, you may have to rig linkage for the brake, depending on what car you put this into.