WTB....Headlight pull and radio for 50 Commander

John,

I assume you have not visited the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum. So much more action going on there, especially regarding post war cars.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/

Your headliner and seat covers are being reproduced to factory specs, including re-loomed original materials and patterns, by René Harger, who advertises every month in Turning Wheels magazine.

If you can get to South Bend first weekend in May, there will be a huge all-Studebaker swap meet where you will no doubt find quite a number of radios; probably a headlight switch as well. René will also be there.

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)

Thank you for your input. My Dad has a 50 Commander 4 door sedan he bought for $28.00 40 years ago. He restored it, but it is now in need of some TLC. He is 87 years old and wants to sell it. I am thinking about buying it, depending on how available parts are. Thanks again. John

Guest Mark Vail

John,

I have a '50 Land Cruiser 4 door which is an extended wheelbase Commander. Most mechanical parts are available through various Studebaker parts suppliers and vendors. Just google Studebaker parts suppliers and you'll get several hits. Body and trim parts are less available as reproductions and NOS. But you can usually find what you want by putting out feelers. I also suggest you check out the SDC forum and club that starlightcoupe mentioned. It was on that forum that I recently put out a request for good used sill plates for my '50. I had a response from somebody within 24 hours. Within a week or so, I had my "new" sill plates.

I have a large stock of parts for your car.

Everything is inventoried by Studebaker part numbers.

Buy your Dad's car and appreciate that he preserved it.

He will be proud when he see's you driving it and loving it.

Do not worry about parts supply.

Studebaker had hundreds of dealers and most of their parts

inventories were bought by hoarders like me.

Robert Kapteyn