Packard 180 Touring Limousine - What to Do With It?

Guest Rishi65

Guest Rishi65

Hello folks,

I have a 1942 Packard 180 Touring Limousine which is totally unrestored, does not drive, but has all the original major components (block, frame, etc). We have roughly 97% of the parts needed to restore the car. It was left to me by my grandfather, who was a long time Ford and Packard collector.

We've had to sell off most of his collection, but I'm not sure what to do with this one. We won't consider restoring it, but I don't want to see it end up in a junk yard.

I'd rather give it away to someone who can restore it and come get it...

Any thoughts you guys have would be appreciated, I figured it'd be best to 'ask the man (men) who own one'.

Guest Rishi65

Hello guys,

I've gotten a ton of messages on the car. I will try to respond to them in the order in which they arrived.

I am located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

It is apparent that people would like to purchase the car, as opposed to seeing me give it away, and given the level of interest it seems to make the most sense to sell it, and all the associated parts.

I have photos of the car, which I will try to post this evening.

Guest Rishi65

Hello guys, here are some photos of the car. Best I can do given its positioning in our garage. The car has been kept in heated storage for the last 40 years.

I'll be responding to the PM's I've gotten, and asking for offers. Again, I'm located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

post-100378-143142477003_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477008_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477012_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477017_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477021_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477026_thumb.jpg

post-100378-143142477012_thumb.jpg

Guest Rishi65

Appreciate the thoughts!

I have offers from various perspective buyers, and hence will not be giving the car away.

Please PM me for further information!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Rishi65
The car is sold. Its coming to NY.

The sale in this case fell through, as the buyer has abruputly discontinued contact with us.

THE CAR IS BACK ON THE MARKET, AND WILL GO TO THE HIGHEST OFFER. No Reserve Price.

The sale in this case fell through, as the buyer has abruputly discontinued contact with us.

THE CAR IS BACK ON THE MARKET, AND WILL GO TO THE HIGHEST OFFER. No Reserve Price.

3500 can provide more pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

I used UShip to find someone who successfully moved tons of parts and tools to my workshop in Oregon and had no problems. In fact, it took two trips. However, your own personal experience will be based on the individual or company you hire, not UShip itself. It works much like eBay so you'll have to make a careful check on the mover's feedback and background before committing.

For moving six huge cars (including a Henney-Packard - see my signature for the cars they moved) I used Kiwi's Karriers out of Washington State and was quite happy with them but I'm not sure if they can help with Canada.

Kiwi's Karriers

Auto & Cycle Transport

Phone: 1-800-762-7973

Fax: 1-360-379-6732

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, here are some photos of the car. Best I can do given its positioning in our garage. The car has been kept in heated storage for the last 40 years.

I'll be responding to the PM's I've gotten, and asking for offers. Again, I'm located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

What a beautiful car !!!

attachicon.gif221169.attach

attachicon.gif221170.attach

attachicon.gif221171.attach

attachicon.gif221172.attach

attachicon.gif221173.attach

attachicon.gif221174.attach

attachicon.gif221171.attach

• 4 weeks later...