Stehbolzen Auspuffkrümerhttp://forums.aaca.org/images/smilies/smile.png

Guest peter.k

Guest peter.k

Liebe Dodgefreunde Heute wende ICH mich mit einen Problem Euch ein. Seit Einiger Zeit verliere ICH Über den Ersten Stehbolzen

Kühlwasser. Nun meine Bitte ein Euch Wie bekomme ICH IHN Dicht oder was is also für Ein mittel zum abdichten. Über JEDE Hilfe bin ich Dankbar. Mit einen freudlichen Oldtimergruss Peter.k Lebe in Deutschland und Habe einen Aussi Ausweichen 1925

Guest peter.k

Hallo Bill . Danke für deine schnelle Rückantwort . Wie ich schon geschrieben habe ist mein Problem der Stehbolzen der den Krümmer

am Motorblock hält. Seit einiger Zeit ist er undicht und es kommt Kühlwasser heraus. Vielleicht hast du eine Lösung für mein Problem,

oder es gibt ein Dichtmittel. Für eine Rückantwort schon mal Danke und ich wünsche dir noch wunderschöne Ostern

Gruß Peter

post-98343-14314247383_thumb.jpg

Hello Peter, This is another "Peter K." in Massachusetts, USA. Your Dodge looks great. I notice the rear door on your car opens the opposite way mine does on the '25. P.S. is there any way you can get a translator with you? I don't speak German. Best of luck, Peter.

Guest peter.k

Hallo Peter.k Danke für dein Mail. Ich Lebe in der nähe von München und habe nicht weit ins Hofbräuhaus (wo es das gute Bayrische Bier gibt)

Leider spreche ich kein Englisch und meine Tochter ist zur zeit verreist.

Vielleicht geht es mit Google Übersetzer. Mein Car ist ein Australien und rechts Lenker . Es ist nur schade,dass uns so viele Mailen trennen und auch mit der

Verständigung. Wunderschöne Bilder besonders mit den vier Girls. Mit einen freundlichen Oldtimergruss Peter.K

.post-98343-14314247394_thumb.jpg

Hallo Bill . Danke für deine schnelle Rückantwort . Wie ich schon geschrieben habe ist mein Problem der Stehbolzen der den Krümmer

am Motorblock hält. Seit einiger Zeit ist er undicht und es kommt Kühlwasser heraus. Vielleicht hast du eine Lösung für mein Problem,

oder es gibt ein Dichtmittel. Für eine Rückantwort schon mal Danke und ich wünsche dir noch wunderschöne Ostern

Gruß Peter

Translation:(I think)

Hi Bill. thank you for your quick response. As I have already written my problem is the stand bolts of the manifold that maintains the engine block. For some time it is leaking and it comes out cool water. maybe you have a solution for my problem or is there a sealant. I forever thank you and I wish you even more beautiful Easter

Good Day, Peter

Peter,

What JayG suggested will work the best!

Bill Kronsbein

Quote:

Hallo Peter.k Danke für dein Mail. Ich Lebe in der nähe von München und habe nicht weit ins Hofbräuhaus (wo es das gute Bayrische Bier gibt)

Leider spreche ich kein Englisch und meine Tochter ist zur zeit verreist.

Vielleicht geht es mit Google Übersetzer. Mein Car ist ein Australien und rechts Lenker . Es ist nur schade,dass uns so viele Mailen trennen und auch mit der

Verständigung. Wunderschöne Bilder besonders mit den vier Girls. Mit einen freundlichen Oldtimergruss Peter.K

Hello Peter.k And thank you for your reply. I Live near Munich and I have not far to the Hofbrauhaus (where there is the good Bavarian beer)

Unfortunately I do not speak English and my daughter is out of town for the time.

Maybe it comes with Google Translate. My Car is an Australia and right hand steering. It's just a shame that language separates with mail and also with theUnderstanding of it. (I think) Beautiful pictures are special.

Wow am I getting a workout today! The message is for you Peter K in MA.

Bill

Peter, Here's some pictures of my '25 Dodge Tourer. It is a July '25 build date which makes it a 1926 "Series". This can be a bit confusing. Note the rear door hinge configuration is opposite of your Dodge. Maybe the export cars had this difference. This car is somewhat original, it's been "cleaned up" back in the 1960's including a green paint job of the body whereas it was originally black. It runs well now after an entire cleanout and rebuild of the fuel system.

I agree that the Permatex #2 (or loctite may work OK), should help with your stud leak. The Permatex compound is thick, brown, non-hardening and I have been using this for 40 years with good results. The label on the tube of Permatex is actually called "Form-A-Gasket". I know in Germany there is probably even a better compound like this.

I'm so sorry about the language confusion, hopefully your daughter will come home to help! If my Grandfather was with us, we would have no problem. He came from Germany. Very best regards, and a Happy Easter too,"Peter K." in the USA.

P.S. to machinist Bill, Thanks!

post-84109-143142474004_thumb.jpg

post-84109-143142474021_thumb.jpg

post-84109-143142474037_thumb.jpg

post-84109-143142474053_thumb.jpg

Ich bein einen plattduetsch. Permatex #2 should seal the studs. Das Permatex das is gutte fur dat. veist nicht dat du kanst dat kriegen ein Deutschland..

Gary

What????????? You must be a southern deutschlander!!!!!

What a way to spend an Easter! I forgot is #2 the non-hardening? If memory serves me right the #1 is the one like concrete when it dries.....

Bill

peter.k Maybe check this Loctite product out (number 577).

http://www.loctite.de/komplette-produktliste-loctite-29728.htm?countryCode=de&BU=industrial&parentredDotUID=productfinder&redDotUID=000001F74B

This may be the type of thing you will need for that leaking manifold stud bolt.

peter.k Vielleicht überprüfen Sie das Loctite-Produkt aus (Nummer 577).

http://www.loctite.de/komplette-produktliste-loctite-29728.htm?countryCode=de&BU=industrial&parentredDotUID=productfinder&redDotUID=000001F74B

Dies ist die Art von was Sie benötigen für diese undichte Krümmer Stehbolzen.

Guest peter.k
Nein Nein .. Freesland Ost. Das isst Nord [/ QUOTE]

Hallo an alle! Vielen herzlichen Dank an euch alle.So groß die Welt auch ist es gibt überall gute Menschen und ich bin froh

in diesen Forum welche gefunden zu haben.Das schlimmste Gefühl ist ein Problem zu haben und allein zu sein.Nochmals Danke.

Ich lebe in Süden von Deutschland (Bayern) dort wo es alle Jahre das Oktoberfest gibt.

Nord Deutschland

. .

. .

. .

. .

. ()München .

Süd Deutschland

Nein Nein .. Freesland Ost. Das isst Nord [/ QUOTE]

Hallo an alle! Vielen herzlichen Dank an euch alle.So groß die Welt auch ist es gibt überall gute Menschen und ich bin froh

in diesen Forum welche gefunden zu haben.Das schlimmste Gefühl ist ein Problem zu haben und allein zu sein.Nochmals Danke.

Ich lebe in Süden von Deutschland (Bayern) dort wo es alle Jahre das Oktoberfest gibt.

Nord Deutschland

. .

. .

. .

. .

. ()München .

Süd Deutschland

My turn Bill to have a crack at this :

This is what I get :

Hello to all! Many thanks to you alle.So big the world, it is also good people are everywhere and I'm glad

I found this forum that worst feeling is to have a problem and alone sein.Nochmals Thank you.

I live in the south of Germany (Bavaria) where there is the Oktoberfest every year.

Hallo Peter.K

Ihr niemals allein auf diesem Forum mate!

Auch wenn wir in bestimmten Fragen nicht einverstanden sind wir alle wirklich ein Ziel vor Augen und das ist sie Autos haben wir zu genießen.

sorgen

Ian

Basically I said this :

Hi Peter.K

Your never alone on this forum mate !

Even though we may disagree on certain issues we all really have one goal in mind and that is to enjoy they cars we have.

Take care

Ian

....god I hope this is what comes out at the other end !!!

I have been to Bavaria. I toured the New Schwanstien Castle (spelling).

And had the pleasure of attending the Oktoberfest in Munich.

We were at a table with a family from East Berlin. With my brothers little German and our new friends limited English we got along just fine.

This was just after the gulf war and the wall had recently come down.

Fun times, at least what I remember of it. (good beer there and plenty of it).

Back to the subject of cars.

Guest peter.k
Dies könnte bei der Übersetzung helfen .... Dies könnte bei der Übersetzung helfen eV. http://www.babelfish.com/ [/ QUOTE]

Hallo an alle! Ich werde das Mittel Loctite 577 verwenden und wenn es hält euch informieren .Bei uns in Deutschland beginnt jetzt wieder

die Oldtimer- Saison und ich möchte das sich mein Auto und ich wieder wohl fühlen. Grüsse an alle Peter.k

Google translate gives

Hello to all! I'll use Loctite 577 and if it keeps you informed [i'll keep you informed how it works?]. Here in Germany now begins again the classic car season and I want to I feel the my car and well again [i want to feel and enjoy my car again]. Greetings to all Peter.k

Babelfish would not accept all of it at once.

Guest peter.k

Hallo Bill und an all die anderen Oldi-Freunde. Habe jetzt meine Schraube mit Loctite abgedichtet und bis jetzt ist es noch dicht.

Ich hoffe es bleibt auch so. Werde euch auf den laufenden halten und wenn ich wieder ein Problem habe mich an euch wenden.

Mit einen freundlichen Oldtimergruss peter.k

Guest peter.k

Hallo Oldtimer- Freund im fernen Neuseeland .Danke für deine Übersetzung.Gerne hätte ich auch ein paar Bilder von deinen Car gesehen.

Heute währe in der nähe ein großes Oldtimer-treffen gewesen aber wie es so ist wenn man sich auf was freud (es regnet und regnet)

Bleiben wir halt mal wieder zu Hause. Mit freundlichen Oldi- Gruss Peter.k

Translation, more or less:

Hello Oldtimer friend in the remote New Zealand. Thank you for your translation. I would have liked to see a few pictures of your car.

Today very nearby there was a large vintage-meeting but have been as it is so if you're on what Freud [not sure about that] (it's raining and pouring).

We stay at home again. With friendly Oldi greeting Peter.k

Hello Peter, we hope you have fixed the problem with your car. Sorry the wet weather kept you away from the vintage meeting.

You can see my car on this thread:

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/1930-dc-8-keeping-oil-differential-337237.html.i

It is a rare survivor of the Canadian-made 1930 Dodge Brothers Eight.