'63 turn signal/parking bulbs loose?

riviadrian

I'm trying to replace turn signal and parking light bulbs on my '63. All the bulbs seem to have loose connections. When I push them in they work, but it seems the sockets may be worn out, or perhaps I'm trying the wrong bulbs?? Does anyone know the proper bulbs and/or a suggestion on changing the sockets?

Thanks,

-Adrian-

For a 1963 Riviera, the 2-filament bulbs are 1157NA in the front (amber color), 1157 in the back.

You will not find new sockets to go in the front. You should try to make yours work by cleaning the contacts, use new bulbs (where the solder contacts are higher because they are new).

Thanks Jim, the four parking light bulbs will not turn and lock when inserted into the socket. The service manual mentions that the pins on the bulbs should be offset, but I've had no luck with that. Do you happen to know the proper number for these? Also, is there any reason I couldn't add more solder to the bulb contacts to get a better fit?

Thanks,

-Adrian-

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Jim,

I found a video on repairing those sockets, and I've got everything working now. I will be in the manual tomorrow trying to get the turn signals sorted.

-Adrian-

Adrian, Why not relate your fix to this very common problem for others to benefit from? I`m sure others have experienced the same problem, thanks,

Tom Mooney