38 Dodge Pick up Barn Find

Guest Musgrave

Guest Musgrave

Hello Everyone

I'm so excited about my find. It is a 1938 Dodge Brothers pick up. But I can not find any info on it. The only vin number I can find on the truck is R198412 can anyone help me. If anyone can tell me where to get parts for my project that would be great. This is my first project, hope I didn't start something to big. Thanks Everyone for any info you can share. Neil

post-100341-143142470858_thumb.jpeg

post-100341-143142470861_thumb.jpeg

post-100341-143142470863_thumb.jpeg

post-100341-143142470865_thumb.jpg

Guest Musgrave

Yes it was worked on about 25years ago. The lady's father was working on it then past away. It needs brakes & interior done, then it should be ready to show off.

• 2 weeks later...

There were a LOT of dodge pickups built. And a lot of them survived. You can buy all the wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, the wheel seals, bearings from your local CarQuest, NAPA, or other store. There is an active dodge truck club.

There are a lot of reproduced items: like a new gastank, delivered to my door for $250, or was it $200?

My '41 Plymouth PT-125 is pretty much a Dodge pickup with some Plymouth added here and there.

There are several very good parts and repair manuals reprinted, Just search on ebay or google.

This truck looks very nice. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

GLong