fs 1926 Buick fire engine

Guest cowboydan

Guest cowboydan

I am selling my 1926 Buick Fire Engine. This is a one of a kind truck that served two departments and was in service for nearly fifty years! It has A Buick master six engine and three speed transmission it also has a PTO style pump driven off the flywheel to pump water from its water tank.

I would love to keep it but I just don't have the time to give it the love it needs. I am asking $50000 or best reasonable offer. I'm located in southern NH and anyone interested should email me at strathamcowboy@gmail.com

Thanks Danpost-96095-143142470779_thumb.jpg

post-96095-14314247064_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470664_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470677_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470696_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470717_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470734_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142470755_thumb.jpg

Guest cowboydan

I would go as low as 20,000. Not being a production vehicle it was hard to estimate its value. It's also a special piece for me and I wish I could keep it. So I posted it high in hopes of getting some feed back thank you for your input.

Some posts have been deleted. Read the rules guys i.e.

Please do not post your opinions of prices being asked or of the condition of a For Sale item. It will only lead to bickering and hurt feelings. Again, use PM's to communicate with the seller or others about such information. If you want to know how much something is worth or how much to ask for something, post a question in the Buick-General Fourm

cowboydan,

As you have indicated that "Not being a production vehicle it was hard to estimate its value.", I would suggest you contact a competent antique vehicle appraiser to find out the actual market value of the vehicles. I suspect its sentimental value is much higher to you than its actual market value. I have used the International Vehicle Appraisers Network in the past and have been happy with their service. Their website is: http://www.i-van.org/

With a competent appraisal, you would have information on the fair market value and could then make an effort to sell it for its actual value. Asking for a high number expecting someone to make you an offer to let you know what it is worth is not the best way to sell a vehicle. You have probably scared off many prospective buyers with that approach. I might have been willing to make an offer on such a vehicle (even though I really don't need another vehicle), but I am suspect that making an offer based on my estimate of the value, would offend you.

• 3 weeks later...

Contact http://www.spaamfaa.org/

This is the main antique fire truck club. I'm a member. The first rule of old fire trucks is they are a LOT cheaper than antique cars. Unless you have a nice chain drive 1920's American LaFrance or Ahrens Fox, no fire truck is worth a lot. It is a very common misconception that people have about antique fire apparatus being worth a fortune. Although your Buick is a bit of a hodgepodge of a truck. That greatly effects value. If this tells you anything. We sold a nice 1934 Maxim factory built drivable truck, in slightly better shape than your Buick, recently for $4500. We also sold a 1947 American LaFrance 700 series open cab with a rebuilt V12 and shiny paint for $3500 recently. It took quite some time for these trucks to sell at those prices! Usually when you see a firetruck that someone is asking far more than that, they are doing just that, ASKING. They usually aren't SELLING.

Carlisle1926,

I wish I had known about your 1947 American LaFrance 700 Series - I would have jumped on that one as that was the year and model my Dad was assigned to when he first rode the Tail-Board when first appointed to the Linden, NJ Fire Dept. He retired as a Captain, but on his first day, and the day they first opened the new station, Chief Miller put me (a 5-year old) in his lap and drove that 1947 700 Series out of the house and onto the driveway for the ceremony.

If you come across another in similar condition please call me first!

Thanks James, but $17,500 is a long, long ways from the $3,500 Carlisle mentioned, and his truck was likely nearer to our location.

• 2 months later...