70 MBG GT questions

Guest gobobeo3

Guest gobobeo3

So I will be getting (hopefully) a MGB GT from a reliable source, and I will be getting it for $1000. Problem: I love racing old cars, and MGB GT top speed is 105 mph. So, onto the next question. Would I be better off turbo-ing the factory engine and enter in 1/4 miles? Or should I get one the old POC engines (and if I do, where could I find one on the cheap)?

DO NOT DO ANYTHING PIECEMEAL! Have a plan for the kind of car you want and stick with it.

I would recommend you purchase a copy of this book ( Improve and Modify MGB, by Lindsey Porter and Dave Pollard ) ASAP. It will guide you through all you need to do to make the kind of car you want.

post-30638-143142472464_thumb.jpg

It would be a very good idea to first acquaint yourself to what the MGB has to offer originally before you go making it something else. I'd suggest also getting a copy of this book ( Guide to Purchase and D.I.Y. Restoration MGB, also by Lindsey Porter ). Using multiple references like this in concert before you go trusting modification advice off the internet will help you avoid building an unreliable or undriveable monster.

post-30638-143142472468_thumb.jpg