soft top clamps

bob duffer

Bob,

It depends on the date of your car. If it was produced after 5/1/1956 it has the 57 style side clamps (they are the same for both the hard and soft tops). If you car was produced before 5/1/1956 it will have the 55 style clamps. Download a copy of the CASCO catalog (www.classictbird.com) and you can see the difference. You can also do the same at www.concoursautoparts.com. All the catalogs have schematics with parts listed that are most helpful for the T-Bird restorer.

Regards,

Thanks again, is there a way to tell when my car was made by the vin number? Or how can i tell. I found where the trans dip stick bracket goes in the manual , there

just happened to be a picture of the starter and there it was attached to the starter bolt. The clamps on my soft top one works the other is not looking the same and

it does not work.

Guest billybird

Bob: If you look at the data plate on the firewall, second row you will see a series of #'s & letters. Example: 40A L XL 17LCL32. Breakdown: 40A= Thunderbird L=color XL=interior color 17L=nov. 17th CL32= the district the car was shipped to. The months are as follows:A Jan. B Feb. C March D April E May F June G July H August J Sept. K Oct. L Nov. H Dec. The # preceding this will be the day of the month. I hope this helps.