AACA Top 10 Cars Needed for Display

Guest winton6

Guest winton6

<o:p> </o:p>

Looking for a 1922 Essex Coachand a 1927 La Salle in excellent condition to represent the AACA (AntiqueAutomobile Club of America). TheAutomotive Hall of Fame, as part of its 75th Anniversary celebration, iscollaborating with AACA to create the Quicken Loans Heritage Display from May26-July 27 in the lobbies of the Compuware, Chase Tower and First Nationalbuildings on the Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. This is the firstphase of this exhibit.<o:p></o:p>

Last year, the AACA compiled alist of the ten most significant antique automobiles from American automotivehistory. The above cars were part of that selection. Each of the ten cars wasselected as a function of its technical, social and or market contribution thatfurthered the acceptance of the automobile. In addition, these ten automobilesand their associated impact helped propel the American automotive industry to aposition of dominance. <o:p></o:p>

Cars needed for the secondphase of the exhibit are a 1902 Oldsmobile, 1912 Cadillac, 1929 Chevrolet, 1949Cadillac and a 1949 or early Volkswagen Beetle. These cars will be a part ofthe Automotive Hall of Fame induction ceremonies at Cobo Hall in Detroit anddisplayed from July 24 -27. <o:p></o:p>

For more information and howyou can be a part of this exhibit, please contact Bernie Golias at berniegolias@aol.com. <o:p></o:p>

Logic tells me there should be one closer, but I've seen an excellent 1927 LaSalle Cabriolet at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. It is the product of their restoration program there and part of the legacy of the great Stan Reynolds. He was an RCAF fighter pilot, car dealer and "The William Harrah of Canada", to coin a phrase. I spent a week at the R-A-M, but of course cannot "volunteer" their LaSalle any more than I can their Duesenberg and there may not be an AACA connection.

Bernie

One of our frequent posters," Motoringicons" had a '27 LaSalle for sale several years ago, which I had considered buying before I found my Packard.

Maybe he knows where the car is today - It was a very sharp looking Red Phaeton.