help to identify early chrysler chassis

mcgoo

I have this chassis with the 1930 Chrysler 66 I purchased and since viewing a fully restored 66 I noticed numerous differences with the chassis. Firstly front and rear spring hangers, don't have bumper fittings and other spring hangers are different as well.

The rear leafs I have are 51 inch centres (mounting holes) which match car but they have 13 leafs and appear to hang very low.

Can anyone help me to ascertain what this chassis is from.

post-100001-143142469078_thumb.jpg

Thanks

McGoo

post-100001-143142469042_thumb.jpg

post-100001-143142469069_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the original engine number is stamped on the left frame rail. And the engine number starts with engineering code for the vehicle.

Not sure when they started this but I think they were doing it by 1930. I know they were doing it by 1933.

I have looked everywhere on this chassis and there is no numbers at all, and to make it harder it is an Australian Holdens built body. It is believed to be a 29/30 era. Hoping someone will recognise by chassis mounts.

Thanks anyway the mystery continues.

mcgoo

Those hook-like extensions look to be added, to me. It looks as if the spring shackles were originally attached directly yo the frame. Maybe the extensions were to raise the car to clear ruts. Just a guess since I have never seen them on a Chrysler chassis.