Today's Auction Find - Ornate 20's Interior Parts

Wowabunga

• 2 weeks later...

The short window riser handle shown was for the Ternstedt windshield lifting regulator, the "VV" crank up windshield used in many cars, '29-'31 era. Those are fairly rare in good condition, as only one was used in each car that had that assembly. They snap off easily if there is too much strain on the cranking mechanism normally caused by the pot metal gears warping and no lube in the windshield header assembly. I'll bet a lot were broken in fender benders back then, as it was right in line with the driver's head, if the steering wheel didn't stop him first.

• 4 months later...

The "Ternstedt Windshield" tip is a great big thank you. Handle is in solid condition. Have been away from the forums with summer farm duties, and I'm back ready to move this old stuff off my porch.

There's a logo on the bottom of the two cranks: 3 circles with a triangle in the middle, inside the triangle looks to be the letter "w" or it could be a "M" inverted. Letters "P" or a "D" also in the triangle. All the handles pictured and cranks, all have the same base dimensions and design. Did the Ternstedt company do entire car lines ? A search shows the company has a lot of patents for door hardware.

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)