1947 Cadillac Series 62 HELP!

Guest Bob B

Guest Bob B

Hi. Trying to finish up the last piece in the puzzle with the '47 Caddy. When I purchased the car, the rear quarter window frames were completely rotted away, so I had no reference point regarding what they originally looked like. I had the frames built up from scratch and new glass installed. I am ready to install the windows and have no idea what type of "roller" or "guide" sits in the small channel ( 5/8"W X 1 1/2"H X 3/4"D) at the rear of the frame which rides the curved metal track in the rear quarter as the window gets rolled down. There appears to be 2 small holes ( 1/8") on either side of the frame channel that seemed to hold something in there as a guide. Also would like to know if the regulator arm guide pin (brass) gets any type of "cover" or plastic "wheel" over it as it rides in the horizontal channel, or is it just metal-on-metal with lots of grease added. ANY pictures or help would be greatly appreciated. The car has been extremely difficult to source parts for and it's been a long haul! Thanks, Bob

attachment.php?attachmentid=243009&d=1397621987&thumb=1attachment.php?attachmentid=243010&d=1397621988&thumb=1

• 6 months later...