Can anyone ID this car?

Dosmo

Where did you get the picture? Dominion is a Canadian grocery store chain. The pic appears to have been taken in Canada in 1953 or 54. My guess is, the car is a Morris Oxford, the Morris Minor's big brother. There is another one two cars down, right behind the 51 Chevy. Pic taken in Canada, in the early fifties when there were quite a few English cars around.

PS At the time I had an outfit the same as the little boy is wearing, I was about that size too.

Here is where I got the picture from:

http://homepage.usask.ca/~bdb368/oxford/index.html

post-48461-143142468265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rusty_OToole
add picture (see edit history)

In the original photo I posted, I was at first sure that it was an early 40s Studebaker. I must have opened up the photo 10 times over a 2 day period before I posted it on here. I didn't think that it looked like a big car, though I did check out some early 40s Packards. It occurred to me just after I posted it that it might be a non-U.S. car, but I didn't know where to begin searching.

I guess the reason it seems familiar is because it looks like a Morris Minor. Thanks again.

It does look like a big Morris Minor, the tail light is a good clue, it is the same as used by the Minor and other Morris cars like the MG.

...also Triumph TR2/3/3A, Jaguar XK140/150, Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, and several Morgans (and probably a bunch of others as well).