1964 Buick Electra 225 2-door hardtop, bucket seats and A/C

Centurion

This car is not mine and I have no personal knowledge of this car, but it strikes me as a beautiful example of a model that we seldom see, so I thought it was worthwhile to bring it to the attention of other forum members.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Electra-Sport-Coupe-Stunning-frame-on-restored-Looks-fantastic-runs-excellent-lots-of-options-/221416028598?forcerrptr=true&hash=item338d6c79b6&item=221416028598&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Guest my3buicks

Love the 64's, so stately and elegant, one of the years in my opinion they outdid Caddy yet again. This is a really nice example in a really great color combo.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bryan burns

It IS a beautiful car.... I restored it in 2002 and had to sell it when the real estate market crashed in California. I can vouch for the condition as I sold it to a friend of a friend. I purchased another '64 2 years ago that is a 60,000 orig mileage car owned by the same family for 35 yrs otherwise I would buy it back.

Bryan Burns

Palm Springs, Ca

BCA# 35461

• 7 months later...

John - Thank you. I actually found that last night. But, it just says the auction on that item had ended. Usually, when something sells, it will say "sold". Or, if the seller sold it privately before an auction ends, it say something like "the seller has removed this item". Any-who, I've sent a message to the seller. The reason he was selling was because he was loosing his storage. His listing was in the Spring, soon after it would have come out of winter hibernation. I'm hoping it didn't sell on the posting you sent and he decided to enjoy it for another summer. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for info.

Just now saw on my ebay account I can't contact the seller because the listing ended more than 90 days ago. Crud!!! I see where the previous owner of this car (Bryan Burns) contributed to this thread. I've sent him a PM in the hope he still may have contact information for the guy he sold it to - who, presumably, was the seller on ebay.

lance - come to think of it, that's what I did last night. So, hopefully it'll get thru. Today, I also tried the "send a message" option directly from the expired listing which is when I got the 90-day message. Thanks to all for looking out for me. Need all the help I can get. ;)

Heard back from the seller of this 2-door coupe. Sadly (for me), he sold it a few months ago. Ugh! When this car came up on ebay, my "toy" at the time was a Honda S2000 which I was in the process of trying to sell - which I eventually did. Timing is everything.

• 2 years later...
Guest smc6767

I have this same car except with the matching gold roof, bucket seats-power drivers, center console/arm rest, remote trunk, crank windows one repaint, original interior 96,000 original miles. Great riding and driving car. I call it therapy.... every time I drive it my blood pressure drops and my cholestoral level lowers... I was considering painting the roof black but now I think I like it gold.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AiQyd2KabL1AvWI&id=9BA7029C717933AF!422&cid=9BA7029C717933AF

Nice Buick, SMC!

And the previous comments were right:

You don't see many of these.

There must be 50 Rivieras from 1964 

for every Electra 2-door hardtop from the same year.

Clearly, original production figures don't represent

current car populations or rarity.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Wow, nice pictures. Back in 1972 my first girlfriend after I got out of the Navy had a 4 door just like that. Every time we went out with it my blood pressure, respiration, and blood alcohol levels went up.

What great memories! Makes one forget all about the therapy.

Bernie

• Like 3