37 plymouth

one-shot

Seems to be all original, with less than 50,000 miles. That includes all the oil and grease leaks. Missing the hood bars for holding open the hood. Front bumper has a Third Chrome center piece that blocks the crank hole. Cover is there. Goal is to have on road by Fathers day. Don't need three, so the other 4 door will go. My other 4 door looks exactly like that in the rear. 1937 was a mixed year for Plymouth, Some rear leaf springs open, some wrapped, later ones had recessed dash knobs. Factory radio was the icing.

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)

I get the title this afternoon, and will check the numbers. I will copy before changing. Called a 4 dr clipper?

Thanks

There was no "Clipper". Your car would be the touring sedan.....

post-37352-143142468879_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142468893_thumb.jpg

Don't know about this Plymouth, but the crank hole cover seems to be an elusive piece on these cars.

I lost the one on my 36 Dodge when I went over some RR tracks. Several years later when I found a replacement I wired it on permanently. The original clip was not trustworthy.

Vin is 10428717. Close to the end of production for Detroit. Driven 105 miles in the last 20 years by the title. As noted by several others there are/seems to be, crossovers into 38. For those of you that haven't written a book yet. I'm keeping a copy of comments, so the next person has your knowledge.

Thanks

First of many problems I'm sure. I pulled the tank ( rusted out on top from wet dirt) and broke one of the straps. They appear to be a single piece, that rides on a pin in the back (trunk area) and converts to a stud/nut on the cross member. I have two new straps that are the surround type and a new gas tank. Am I forced to look for the other type/fabricate or is this an easy conversion. Been raining/cold, will take pics end of week.

• 2 weeks later...
First of many problems I'm sure. I pulled the tank ( rusted out on top from wet dirt) and broke one of the straps. They appear to be a single piece, that rides on a pin in the back (trunk area) and converts to a stud/nut on the cross member. I have two new straps that are the surround type and a new gas tank. Am I forced to look for the other type/fabricate or is this an easy conversion. Been raining/cold, will take pics end of week.

There is a fellow reproducing those gas tank hanger nuts used on a lot of Plymouths. He advertises in the back of the Plymouth Owners Club's magazine.

Guest Henry White

I have both styles of those emblems in nos. I seem to recall finding the oval shaped one listed in one of my Mopar books, showing it as 1937. I am unsure of application on several other winged nos Plymouth emblems I have of the mid 30's. Right now I cant find one to check casting number.

• 4 weeks later...