My headlights are working. WOW am I glad

I went for coffee this morning and a good friend that has coffee with me and we were talking about the Studebaker and he wanted to see it so he followed me home. I started it up so he could hear it and while it was running I turn the headlights on and they worked???? WOW. They never worked before. Why? Anyway they are working now. post-99883-1431424664_thumb.jpg

Guest Mark Vail

My relatively uneducated guess would be what others have said before in other posts. Probably related to the headlight wiring (a short--bare wire, etc. under the hood) or at the dash switch. Maybe corroded terminals? I just acquired a '49 Champion Starlight Coupe. Headlights and tail lights don't work but add-on turn signals work. Brake lights either don't work or come on and won't shut off. That might be as simple as the stop light switch which often goes bad. Car seems to roll fine, so I don't think the brakes are hanging up, although it does need a brake job--soft pedal. I have yet to really investigate--too many other projects right now. Electrical gremlins can be some of the most challenging and frustrating things to troubleshoot. Best of luck. It's a beautiful car.

Guest Mark Vail

Here's a link to my Photobucket page which includes all three of my Studebakers--my '35, the '49 Regal Deluxe Starlight Coupe I just adopted, and the '50 Land Cruiser. Lots more photos there than I could ever hope to post here. Keep us updated about the headlights on your beautiful car.

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/mtv8341/library/1935%20Studebaker%20Dictator?sort=3&page=1

• 3 weeks later...