Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Drove one, but just a few miles. Too much prep work yet to do on the others. But I did look at the others and did a bit of detail cleaning and odds and ends. Sure was nice not to be holding cold tools. But also had to do some yard work.

John

• Like 1

Guest my3buicks

I wish, the 67 & 72 are still in storage and my son's snow plow off his truck is behind the Reatta in the garage. I made it CLEAR it needs moved SOON

Guest kaycee
My daughter came down from NYC this weekend for a visit and asked for a ride in the '28. I took her and her friends out for a 20 minute ride. I just love it.

Dave

Hi Dave, It looks like you had the oldest Buick listed on this post today, and a lot of fun. GREAT!

kaycee

Got the Riviera and the Reatta out of their storage igloos to get their yearly MA inspection stickers last week. Took the Reatta to our "first of the season" cruise-in on Friday...about 40 miles round trip. I know, I know, they're not old but they are BUICKS!

Saturday I took the '60 over to Sam's in Holley for lunch. Then we went the long way around through Clarendon and saw the waterfall over the Clarendon fault, headed south and skirted a corner of the muckland. That brought us into town from the south so we stopped at Tractor Supply and got a new leaf rake and home, about 40 miles.

Yesterday we took a break from raking and took it up to Tim Horton's for coffee and a quick snack, 4 miles.

In half an hour I have a meeting. I go 5 miles out of my way so I can drive about 10 miles along the Lake Ontario Parkway. Maybe I'll take the '60.

Bernie

Last weekend had the '91 Reatta at the Texas Bluebonnet meet in Bastrop, Willie and Bill were there (That's Willie Pittman "old tank" and Bill Stoneberg) a new fellow showed up in a 64 yellow Riviera that had under 14K miles, he has owned it for 32 years.

This Saturday our local club met at a park and we drove the '39 Century.

Next weekend is a swap meet/show about 40 miles south..... the GMC pick up will be my ride....might find something I need to haul home.

Guest Doug Burton

Went out to my daughter's place yesterday in my '61, about 30 miles round trip. Felt good! Took the back roads, the old Buick was as smooth as silk over that bumpy pavement. It's so odd after driving modern cars when the Buick doesn't shift, it just goes. Only noticed one spot on the garage floor in the rear, maybe the pinion seal is weeping a bit. Just a few drops, not much.

Just put a new gear box in and repainted the PS pump and brackets on the 65 Electra on Saturday. I got to play 'service manager' and take it for a 10 or 20 mile drive when I was done. It was nice to have 75 degree weather and have the top down again.

It's going to get to the low 30's tonight with a few inches of the white stuff expected on the ground. It won't last too long.

I'll have to stick to driving the other conv. (Mini) tomorrow.

I did.....i drove my daughter Kylie's 1987 Light Blue T-type to the Indy airport so that the new owner could drive it back to Dallas TX. He made it in under 13hrs. Sure hate to see her car go as i totaly ENJOYED being the caretaker these past years.

P1030077cropzz.jpg

Peace WildBill

Guest 4 bufords
My 4 year old grand daughter and I took the GS out for Ice Cream Saturday....... total, 2 miles! Had a great time!!

drove my 62 invicta vert to mass for cheaper gas yesterday so I could drive it to daughters today,ran really well,4 bufords from ct

racked up 16 very enjoyable miles on the 56 this weekend. But I have severe power steering fluid leaks in the steering box, so I can't drive it much further. Figures, just when it was running like a top.

Guest wildcat465
racked up 16 very enjoyable miles on the 56 this weekend. But I have severe power steering fluid leaks in the steering box, so I can't drive it much further. Figures, just when it was running like a top.

Sorry to hear about the leaks John, but you got it out. 18" of snow here last Wednesday night/Thursday morning hung us up for the Easter weekend.

But, big plans for next weekend, hopefully we get a car out and get some pics. Maybe start a new drivin' the old Buick and showin' off pictures thread. Stay tuned!