Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

My wife and I drove the 1959 Buick Electra to last night's Oscar Party hosted by Tacoma's Grand Cinema.

My wife moved to the curbside rear seat before we arrived at the venue, and I pulled the Electra to a stop right in front of the red carpet. I made sure that the Electra's headlamps and high beams were blazing for the arrival. The carpet was lined with paparazzi with flash cameras, and my wife's car door was opened by a costumed bell hop from "The Grand Budapest Hotel".

There were lots of onlookers on the sidewalk, and my lovely wife and her "maximum bling" outfit created a sensation. We received lots of compliments on both the outfit -- and the Buick!

A friend's daughter was married this past weekend. The whole family are "Car-Guys".

The daughter and her groom had no idea what her parents and I had planned until the bridesmaids got into a van to be transported from the hotel to the church.

The Bride and her dad were met by Dale and myself with my unrestored 1937 Roadmaster. We chauffeured them from the hotel to the church, and then after the ceremony and photos at the lovely grounds and fountain, the Bride and Groom were taken to their Reception in the Roadmaster. It always feels good to be able to be a part of making someone's special day even a bit more memorable.

post-54863-143142987061_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142987072_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142987082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

I started the 1914 Buick B-37 today ---

but alas, it is in Bob's new Car-Barn, and it is his. Still looks nice, starts easily, and purrs !!

He'll drive the B-37 on tour next week - and I wish him all the pleasure we had with it.

I haven't driven it in several weeks.

I took a while to get cranked (I know, I need to get an electric fuel pump)

I let it warm up until it reached operating temp

I drove to get gas. But, I ran out before I got there. I called AAA to send two gallons. In the meantime a very nice young man, Andy Clements number 63 on the football team from nearby Samford University stopped and stayed there with me until AAA came. Young Mr. Clements drives a very nicely maintained 1994 Dodge Cummins 2x4 truck. We had a mutual admiration for each others vehicles. Young Mr. Clements restores my faith in today's youth.

Prayers for you !!

I hope you are feeling better now

Thanks. Starting to feel a little better and less coughing. Still tired most of the time. I'm wearing out the couch and TV. I only sit at the computer for a little bit and then have to lay down again. Dandy Dave!

Thanks. Starting to feel a little better and less coughing. Still tired most of the time. I'm wearing out the couch and TV. I only sit at the computer for a little bit and then have to lay down again. Dandy Dave!

Before I quit smoking, I was prone to get pneumonia. I had it at least a half dozen times.

Drink a lot of water. LOTS of water.

Then some juice. And then a LOT of water. Followed by copius amounts of water

It'll help loosen that gunk in your lungs. And, rinse your system of all the bad stuff.

Before I quit smoking, I was prone to get pneumonia. I had it at least a half dozen times.

Drink a lot of water. LOTS of water.

Then some juice. And then a LOT of water. Followed by copius amounts of water

It'll help loosen that gunk in your lungs. And, rinse your system of all the bad stuff.

That's what the Doc said too. I'm over the hump. Glad I'm not a smoker. Snitched a few as a kid with some buddies and coughed our brains out. That was enough of that, never mind I was too cheep to buy them anyway. :o Dandy Dave!

That's what the Doc said too. I'm over the hump. Glad I'm not a smoker. Snitched a few as a kid with some buddies and coughed our brains out. That was enough of that, never mind I was too cheep to buy them anyway. :o Dandy Dave!

I;m glad you're getting better. I hope your improvement continues.

I'll drink a glass of water to your health !

This is the first year I can remember that we didn't have a January or February thaw with a few nice days to get the car out. The cars haven't moved since December. I looked at the Packard yesterday and thought about starting it, but why just sit there and fill the exhaust system with water.

I figure another ten days before something gets to the macadam end of the driveway.

Bernie

Although neither car's wheel made a full revolution, I did start and slightly creep the '60 Electra and the Packard yesterday. There is a 2 foot pile of ice and snow across the garage door and about 60 feet of rutted, poor snow plowing just to get to the back of the house. Maybe next week.

The six volt Packard had to crank enough to fill the carb from sitting since November and the Buick sat from mid December. It made me happy. I haven't done anything to tune the Packard. It is in the same state I bought it in last June. I haven't even had the distributor cap off, although I did put in a new accelerator pump. I am looking forward to massaging that car mechanically this year and maybe putting 500 miles on it.

The sun is coming in my office window and the temperature has gone up 3 degrees in the last hour. We are in the liquid water state now!.

Bernie

Although neither car's wheel made a full revolution, I did start and slightly creep the '60 Electra and the Packard yesterday. There is a 2 foot pile of ice and snow across the garage door and about 60 feet of rutted, poor snow plowing just to get to the back of the house. Maybe next week.

The six volt Packard had to crank enough to fill the carb from sitting since November and the Buick sat from mid December. It made me happy. I haven't done anything to tune the Packard. It is in the same state I bought it in last June. I haven't even had the distributor cap off, although I did put in a new accelerator pump. I am looking forward to massaging that car mechanically this year and maybe putting 500 miles on it.

The sun is coming in my office window and the temperature has gone up 3 degrees in the last hour. We are in the liquid water state now!.

Bernie

Drove the 1922 Studebaker around the neighborhood this weekend apout 3 miles.

James, haven't heard from you since I sent the email about the Studebaker. Did you get the email?

A Packard friend visited this weekend and we drove the Buick when we went for lunch. He was impressed with he Buick, even though she certainly needs cosmetic work. Many compliments on the ride. Earl

James, haven't heard from you since I sent the email about the Studebaker. Did you get the email?

A Packard friend visited this weekend and we drove the Buick when we went for lunch. He was impressed with he Buick, even though she certainly needs cosmetic work. Many compliments on the ride. Earl

Sorry,

I did not get an email from you ...

• 2 weeks later...

Put a few miles on the GS over the last week. Just ran a few errands in anticipation of a road trip this week. But had to cancel the road trip due to personal circumstances, so the tank is still full, and the GS is still fun!!! :rolleyes:

Well --- Kind-of ...

we drove the Buick-Corvette from New Orleans, almost to El Paso, Texas, and back home again

Look at the personalized license plate - think anyone believes it is a Buick???

post-54863-143143021108_thumb.jpg

JohnD would be proud... used the wagon yesterday as my work truck while I picked up and replaced some appliances and did some plumbing for the in-laws. Didn't much like hauling the old, dripping appliances to the recycler, but the tarp saved the carpets from getting wet and dirty. Good to get it out and exercised the way it was meant to be used.

OMG!!! Doug, you put old dripping appliances in an Archival Elite car? WTH! Just what the Dr. ordered for that sweet big ole wagon! LOL...Mine is currently on loan to one of my sons while his is broken down with some leaky brake lines. I miss it everyday.

OMG!!! Doug, you put old dripping appliances in an Archival Elite car? WTH!

Tarps, tarps and more tarps keep things clean and dry! I initially bought the car for that purpose and she had to earn her keep the first few years I owned her... a few old appliances that have been kept indoors are far from the worst thing she's hauled for me. Here's a picture of the car acting as a camping mule shortly after I purchased her! She still cleans up good though

post-52370-143143025105_thumb.jpg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

We finally had two nice days in a row here. Thursday it hit 66* by the end of the day and it stayed in the 60's on Friday. It was too much for me and I got both the GS and the 56 out for a ride. The Queen is still in the shed with a soft yard between it and the driveway. I guess a driveway is moving to the top of my to do list for this year.

It is good you live in a neighborhood with black top JD. Down here it is mud season. Not moving the 15 Buick until it dries up and we get enough rain to wash away the salt from the winter covered roads. I had to put the Suburban in 4WD to get in and out of the town road we have here while the frost was coming out of the ground. The local town highway dept. finally came with some loads of stone when a lot of the neighbors further up the road complained. Dandy Dave!