70 Degrees, Top Down, Went For A Cruise

ol' yeller

Today was the first nice day in Pa in what seemed like forever. So I also had the first nice ride of the year - driving and thinking what needs to be done this year. Rear struts, brakes, remove side view mirrors - paint and replace rubber gaskets and the power windows are very slow. That should keep me busy.

Its why we have them! Ive had at least one convertible in my life since 1965 when I got my first one (along with my drivers permit!). It was a 1955 Chevy with fender-skirts and a fullsized continental kit. I was hooked. I try not to drop the tops until it gets over at least 65f for a few days but its takes a concious effort to resist.

My first was a gently used '65 Skylark convertible which I bought in 1969. I sould say it was gently used BEFORE my ownership. I also had an '95 Chrysler LeBaron which was a miserable car. This one is just for fun! Mine is garaged so as long as the outside temps are in the 50's or above, there is no concern about putting the top down.

Have taken mine out a few times now, but our spring is off to a tentative start. It is cooler again now and may get below freezing in STL again this week yet. Figures.

So far, I'm enjoying the drop top more than I expected. It does need a fair amount of work yet to get the full "KDirk seal of approval". At least it is drivable even if it is a bit shabby.

KDirk

Guest Corvanti

my convertibles: in the 70's: Datsun 1600 Roadster. Hillman Minx (My Columbo Car).:)

the 80's: Datsun 2000 roadster. (my favorite so far)!

the 2000's: '95 Mustang GT vert.

hoping my next one will be a Reatta!!!