Anco part number needed, washer pump 65 Electra 2 sp wipers.

wmsue

I'm looking for the ANCO part number for a windshield washer pump for my 65 Electra that has 2 speed wipers. I can find the one speed and the pump looks totally different.

The photo attached shows the style of pump I'm looking for. Or any leads who may carry a replacement pump. I tried Summit, Autozone, Advanced Auto, and a few others. Cars says that theirs fits but it doesn't look like it will. If I had the anco # I could search for the part easier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

washer pump.pdf

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check them out. Not sure if the second supplier is selling the one for a car with depressed park or not. My car isn't listed in the application. But this is more of a lead than I've been able to find.

Thanks again

Bill

Guest Commodore

What is wrong with your pump? I have found a repair kit for a 1964 Special that might fix your pump if you have bad diaphragm or valves. It is ANCO # 6106. See photo.

getimage.php?imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockauto.com%2Finfo%2FAnco%2F61-06_FRO.jpg&imagekey=537215-0&width=500

Dorman offers a repair kit under part number 54000. See photo.

41eHNh0FF0L._SX425_.jpg

The 3 hole gasket is the same but the large ring is not. I have a very large diaphram under the 3 hole valve and no large ring. The diaphram is not in any kit that I've found yet. The diaphram shaft can't be removed easily because I have to remove one of the sprockets, the magnetic coil and a few other parts. the sprockets seems to be almost fused to its shaft. I've experimented with an extra one and pretty much destroyed it trying to get the sprocket off. Almost 50 years of dirt and crud.

I replaced the supply hose with a clear hose to check out what was actually happening. When I depress the washer switch, I hear the switch kick in, fluid raises about an inch or so in the hose. That's it !

Even if I hit the switch again (and again and again) the fluid only raises that same inch or so and stops. Not sure where the leak is but it can't pull a descent suction.

I think I'll try the repair kit first....lower cost after all.

Thanks

Found one for $6.30 Can't go wrong too much for that price.

Bill

Edited by wmsue (see edit history)

Guest Commodore

Well, some people say that 1963 - 67 Corvette windshield washer pump bellows rebuild kit will fit your Buick. See photo.

46034.jpg

Any idea of a supplier? When I do a search I get the same Dorman # 54000 that fits my Buick. It doesn't have the bellows but has the large rubber washer instead. The photo you posted looks like it might just work.

I got my rebuild kit in the mail today. Fast shipping from Summit Racing. They are close to me and got it shipped out last night after I ordered.

Let you know how it works after I install.

Thanks

Those windshield washer pumps were pretty much the same from about 1960+- to the late 70's or early 80's. About the only difference was the angle of the ports for the hoses. I would get one and try the size. If the washer fluid is only coming out a little, it is probably the valve plate with the rubber valves being bad.

I remember when these were so common simple fix that in the 70's that you could buy them at the check outs of the drug stores.

Washer pump works again.

I installed all the parts in the kit and all is good. I had 3 old ones that would not work. I used the one with the best bellows (since that didn't come in the kit) and installed the triple o ring and new valve body. After priming it a few times it pumps all the way to the roof. I had to readjust the nozzles to keep it on the windshield. On to the next project......

thanks for the help.