Questions about 1930 Chev Club Coupe

jps

I am looking for information/advice about 1930 Club Coupes. There is one for sale that I plan to look at but I know very little about Chevrolet's. Are there any know issues with this year/model, and what are original exterior/interior colors? I noticed this car does not have a spare wheel - should it? Any advice on what I should look for would be appreciated. I am interested in a car from about 1918 - 1932 but I do not have a specific make or model in mind. Also, I do not want a show-quality car but one that is mechanically sound that I can drive. I can do normal maintenance and other small fix-ups but do not want a project car. This particular Chevrolet appeals to me and it is nearby, so I would like to take a look at it. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

John

The main concern on a Chevrolet (or any GM) car of this era is the wood in the body. Make sure the doors don't sag, they close well, and that there's no rot or decay in the body wood. It's all replaceable, but can become a major job.

1929 was the first year of the six by Chevrolet, for some reason the 1929-30 cars don't bring quite as much money as the 1931-32 cars.

Good luck, they're fun cars!