1910 Metz Roadster. What's it worth

Guest Tbone48428

Guest Tbone48428

My mother in law has a 1910 Metz roadster in pieces. It was assembled in the early 1960s and was running. It looks like it is all there. The body panels are rusty and some of the wood pieces are in rough shape. Any ideas what it's worth?

• 2 weeks later...

Great lines on these little cars. Saw this the other day and was hoping the OP was going to come on back with a little more info.

As noted elsewhere in this forum, there does seem to be a few of these surviving which is interesting. I wonder if the sporting style has something to do with that.

I'd say that a disassembled Metz, with rust and bad wood, if you got a few thousand for it you'd probably be lucky....not a terribly difficult car to restore, but there's not much top end value there.....this is a car that would be bought for the fun and love of doing it, not from a monetary standpoint (you know, just like the old days, brush it off, paint it, and have fun driving!)

David I agree with your assessment. I would have been interested in this but the full fendered T Speedster is close enough conceptually unless this is really close to CT and priced realistically. Did you happen to see the nice red '10 Hup runabout Jessie Morton displayed in the Choc field a few years ago at Hershey? He and the car are local to me and I understand it was a pretty easy restoration, especially for a pro - he likened to "a giant model" - but apparently the T will run away from either of these cars. I would think having plans from a "plan car" would be a big help.

I think the Hups bring a little more but it would be cool to rescue an old timer like that for sure. Hope the OP comes back with some more info and pics.