Accumulator replacement part does anyone know?

Thought with all my connections that getting a new accumulator for cost would be a piece of cake and it should be, but.... no one I know knows for sure if the AC Delco 2552832 is a replacement for the Chrysler 4464001. Best I can get is a good solid maybe, if the 2552832 is the same part that JC Whitney sells for the TC under their listing ACDBR41747

Has anybody replaced their accumulator with a Delco part? and do you remember the part number?

Usually I clear cookies after Google searches and when I can't find what I'm looking for I leave them in for several days and let the spiders do their deed. It does create pop us and fills my screen with unwanted adds for everything sold that has any word from my search, even when I mess up the spelling or don't enter all the numbers. Today I got up Googled again, found my posting question in the search and I found my answer. With only a couple thousand possiible sales for TC parts, nobody bothered to make part number conversion charts for these cars and chasing down the answer to this question has been educational. Today I'll be ordering the generic to the Delco and I'll let everyone know if it fits.

• [h=3]Accumulator replacement part does anyone know? - AACA Forums ...[/h]forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=370542&goto=newpost‎

1 day ago - 1 post - ‎1 author

Best I can get is a good solid maybe, if the 2552832 is the same part that JC Whitney sells for the TC under their listing ACDBR41747

5.0 out of 5 stars worked like a charm, January 10, 2011

By

Abraham M weiss (Bridgeton, NJ) - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator (Automotive)

when my Chrysler's TC by Maserati brake light came on every time I hit the pedal I knew it was time to replace the accumulator, when calling dealers they all laughed at me telling me that this part has been discontinued almost 20 years ago, my last hope was a search on the internet hoping to find at least a used one that is in better condition then mine, and low and behold I found this here on Amazon brand new, took me 10 minuets to install and my brakes are like brand new again

So, you didn't try TC Parts because they're too expensive?

Don't know what TC Parts gets for the part, the website doesn't tell me if they have one or how much and an accumulator, is an accumulator, is an accumulator. Volume, pressure, fittings and will it mount in the space alloted.

Guest StudeDude 01

Well, send Larry Carlson an email-- info@tcparts.com or call them---and check it out. The issue with accumulators out on the open market is how old they might be. So, all accumulators may not always be equal.

Guest My TC Toy

I got mine from Prior Remanufacturing, I remember I had to wait for a few weeks for the new units to come in from Germany. Make sure your "new" unit is really "new", there are still NOS out there, while technically new they are up to 20 years old.

• 2 weeks later...
Digger,

Did the Delco accumulator you ordered work?

Works great and brake pedal is sensitive. System takes seconds to reach operating pressure from zero, holds pressure when off and I can't tap the brake pedal fast enough to trigger the ABS light. Ordered the generic by any manufacturer and part arrived in Delco box German made. Picture through magnifier didn't show work, but all numbers same except for date code and as near as I can tell I replace a 99 manufacture with a 13 manufacture.

post-92395-143142492339_thumb.jpg

post-92395-143142492285_thumb.jpg

post-92395-143142492313_thumb.jpg

For the benefit of all of those that are interested in replacing their accumulator. So I will assume that the part number you ordered is what is shown on the box. What company (URL) did you buy it from and what was there price? How long did shipping take?

Sounds like it worked out very well for you, congratulations.

For the benefit of all of those that are interested in replacing their accumulator. So I will assume that the part number you ordered is what is shown on the box. What company (URL) did you buy it from and what was there price? How long did shipping take?

Sounds like it worked out very well for you, congratulations.

Part number ordered is same as on the box. My friend with the brake and exhaust business found these on Amazon with the Delco part at $125 and the generics at $98, that was a pointer he got from his regular parts supplier who couldn't wholesale him one at that price. Delevery was supposed to be 6-8 weeks and it took less than 4.

• 5 months later...

Any other options for accumulators? I cant find the AC Delco part anywhere. Also tried TC, but since I am in AZ he cant sell to me unless I am a member of TC America (was a member and am trying to get renewed, but taking some time). Hoping to find an accumulator as soon as possible to get my TC back on the road.

Guest BobFitz
Hi bob! called this place a couple of days ago because I needed an accumulator..they said, even though its stated on their website, they do not have the part available...

Try A+J Parts 914-965-7225

• 1 year later...

Thought with all my connections that getting a new accumulator for cost would be a piece of cake and it should be, but.... no one I know knows for sure if the AC Delco 2552832 is a replacement for the Chrysler 4464001. Best I can get is a good solid maybe, if the 2552832 is the same part that JC Whitney sells for the TC under their listing ACDBR41747

Has anybody replaced their accumulator with a Delco part? and do you remember the part number?

How many years have I said and written that the AC Delco Accumulator PN#2552832 is the EXACT SAME PART as the MOPAR # 4464001? 

I have been selling those AC Delco units for years, though I am now retired and am no longer dealing.

This DELCO p/n is discontinued and not available as well.

That makes me even more delighted that I removed all that obsolete 'hardware'' and installed a normal vacuum booster with a normal generic master cylinder that fits any other FWD Chrysler product built in the 1980s. And Yes, it will fit and work on 1990 and 1991 year model TCs just as easily.

Maybe NOT being Politically Correct is a benefit after all. You Think? And please don't waste any time explaining about insurance companies, I've heard that all before. I'm just interested in BRAKES THAT WORK!

Spinningwheel-sc products lists an accumulator, says it fits Chrysler products for $155.00 plus shipping.

Anyone familiar with this.

This if from their website:

HYDAC ACCUMULATOR BALLS

Your Price: TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK. GET ON OUR LIST SO WHEN THEY COME IN, YOURS WILL BE RESERVED.

That is not good news for all you seeking an accumulator, but the good news is that it appears to be one that will fit the TC.

With all the chatter over the past year regarding this discontinued Delco part number and all the postings this year on locating an affordable and suitable replacement for this part, I am a bit surprised that this string came back to life.

Suitable replacement accumulators are readily available under multiple part numbers, The Jaguar # JLM1907 is for sale all day long on ebay  and it can be bought here http://powerbrakeservice.net/bracforlimav.html for a couple hundred less if you know which Ford uses it. Spinning wheels might be temporally out of the Hydak accumulator, but the higher priced Wabco is still readily available and getting a new accumulator is not a problem, getting one at a decent price is. 

The nice people at power brake sell the ATE accumulator for less than an arm and a leg, they also sell a Tevis ABS replacement system for about the same price as an over priced accumulator.