Bugle with the survey

old-tank

A step in the right direction, but why no online version? The parts about parking at the National meets should have been directed to only those who actually go to National meets.

Willie

Good question and comment, Willie.

Question# 2 PICK ONE, most of us can't JUST pick one!!!!!!!!!

A step in the right direction, but why no online version? The parts about parking at the National meets should have been directed to only those who actually go to National meets.

Willie

An online version would be fine, but what about the people that aren't online or don't visit this forum?

How would you manage a poll of the people "who actually go to a National Meet". I went to the last couple, but I'm not going this year, would that mean I get to vote or not?

I think it is best that the poll is sent to all members as the club should listen equally to all members. More than likely the people who don't go to the Nationals won't vote on parking anyway.

Carl

You should have a choice to fill it online too, last I heard a majority (more then 75 %) of our members had email, so why not use something that allows you to have online surveys?

I would rather fill it out online then fill in the paper copy.

Same with voting too, thats not going to happen anytime soon though.

I am sure several people put a lot of effort into this survey. I think #23 should have been ask just before #13, keep all the related questions together. There are 2 #35's and they failed to ask what kind of goofy hat you wear.

Roberta, I'm with you, several of those questions needed three or four good 'choose one' answers. And Barney, in this writers humble opinion, there was only ONE person behind this survey. And that person was very likely the chief judge - it has his fingerprints all over it. I can guarantee that the folks in control ain't gonna like the comments that I included on the sheet that I wrote and taped to the box that was for additional comments. Here is the thing that I am really having a hard time with in this whole situation. My friend, Paul Meyer, told us all several times when he was president - "this is your club". He was and is dead on right - this IS MY CLUB along with several thousand other folks. The problems start when someone speaks up and tells those in charge that they don't like the way they are doing things and that they are disrespecting the members who pay their dues. One person on this forum says that one of the candidates was 'badgered' for an answer. He was right. If a person is running for a management position in this group they had better be prepared to face the members with the truth. The answer that was finally given in this writers opinion was not entirely the whole truth. This writer is of the opinion that that person will go whichever way the wind blows. This is my club and as a dues paying member I have the right to speak up and call things as I see them. I and a whole lot of other members are not thrilled with the way this organization is being run. We are pushing for changes.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jerry Courson

Willie - The survey was a first attempt of what the board plans to be an annual event. There may be mistakes in the order of questions or the number of options provided, but I believe this is a good effort that will improve. I'm sure we can find a way to provide for e-mail responses and still provide for hard copy for those without e-mail or those who want to provide extensive feed back.

CERTAINLY a great first step! No doubt, refinements will come with time and further considerations of how to get the "best data".

It does NOT bother me one bit to purchase a Postage Stamp, if needed. I'd better get some more before the price goes up!

THANKS to all who contributed to the survey!

Regards,

Willis Bell 20811