wanted information on electric windshield wipers

Waldren

Guest Cliff J
restoring a 1942 L C to drive. Want electric instead of vacuum wipers. Listed in parts book as available on Lincoln Custom. Any information will help. Conversion? Lee waldren

I don't know if this is the kind of information that you want , but there is a company that makes an electric wiper conversion that supposedly fits under the dash of a 1940-1948 Lincoln and bolts to the original mounting brackets. If this would serve your purposes the company is New Port Engineering. Their address is 2760 Newport Road in Washington , MO 63090. Telephone number 800-829-1929. They ask $209.95 for a 2 speed , intermittent ,self parking wiper motor. They do sell a power inverter if you have and want to keep a 6 volt system. I hope this helps. I think an original equipment electric motor would be close to impossible to find, unless by chance Jim zephyr has one.

I used one from vintage ford in Sacramento, it is used on fords from 41-48, had the modify the switch to accept the lincoln knob and it works like a charm, I think it was 120 but that was 8 years ago when I restored my car. it is a six volt wiper so no problems with the wiring.

• 2 weeks later...