1927 dodge brothers pick up truck

Guest redhead

Guest redhead

Hi Redhead here would anyone know where the body I.D plate should be located on a 27 dodge brothers pick up truck I have been told it was a police wagon originally. Thanks

Hi Redhead here would anyone know where the body I.D plate should be located on a 27 dodge brothers pick up truck I have been told it was a police wagon originally. Thanks

The toe plate or footboard plates are usually very deteriorated . The best bet is the number on the frame. Later trucks could have a S, D, or E code. This may be similar to yours. Send use some pictures.post-71470-143142462906_thumb.jpg

I have a 27 Screen Side that has been restored to a Jail Wagon, as they were used by the department I worked for. Originally it was in the US Army, at the Dos Pueblos POW Camp in Santa Barbara County and was sold to a local rancher as surplus equipment when Camp Cook Army Base was closed in 46. The POW Camp was part of Camp Cook. It was used by the rancher until it died and then left to rot on the ranch. Eventually it was moved to the city where the son had hoped to restore it, but instead was abandon and then Abated by the county. That was when I got involved and after some research, I found that the county actually used these trucks as Jail Transport (Paddy Wagons) to transport sentenced prisoners and had to be transferred to the State Prison system. They were, basically, the Jail Buses of that era. Anyway....do you have any pictures?