1966 Batmobile Component

BatRestorer

Trying to figure out what this component is (on the left of the image with the 6 pushbuttons) that was used in an exhibition Batmobile in the mid 1960's. post-100202-143142462322_thumb.jpg

Possibilities include a Radio? tape player? Highway Hi-Fi record player? air vent control? power window control? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The component to the right has already been identified as a Muntz (Model M30) 4 track cartridge player.

Jim you're a genius! I found it on a 1966 Galaxie center console just below the dash. It may also be an option on the T-Bird. This makes so much sense since the exhibition Batmobiles were built using 1966 Galaxie Donor cars. I can't thank you enough! Stew

post-100202-143142463834_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the component (which is now no longer a mystery) sitting under the dash and just above the console of a 1966 Galaxie.Its function is still unclear but at least it has been identified and matched to a specific vehicle. I am grateful for the assistance. Although half the battle is behind me I'm sure it will be extremely difficult to find. I looked at many Galaxie interior photos and I was only able to locate the component in one of them. Perhaps it was a dealer installed option?

Any guidance regarding the possibility of finding one of these would be greatly appreciated.

A few years back a guy in Alabama tried to sell me an original Batmobile. I just sold my house and had a few dollars and was considering the $20,000 asking price. He told me he'd sit this down at the local mall and they'd pay him $100 a day just for the traffice it brought.

He swore to me it was one of the originals used in the show. Once home, just happened to look at ebay and one of the actual 7 bat mobiles was being auctioned on ebay. His car and the one on ebay were 1000 miles apart in quality. I should have taken photos... the memories will last me forever.

If it was an actual Barris replica Batmobile it would have been a steal at that price. It may not have been one of the original 3 Barris cars. The replicas built by Barris were slapped together in a hurry to meet deadlines for exhibition at car shows. Regardless just about any Batmobile will generate fond memories for years to come.