1969 Cadillac Eldorado

Guest Restorer Ray

Guest Restorer Ray
First off do you have the stock carburetor.

Commodore, Thank you for getting back to me. the answer is yes on the carb. Ray

Guest Restorer Ray

I added the photos to the previous reply by mistake. I'm new at threading. I hope you can see the area well enough. I think there is supposed to be some sort of bushing to go from the square drive on the switch to the round hole on the carb linkage. The large "watch spring" wraps around that and hooks to some sort of lever that is also missing. Reading the service manual, this is all for adjusting when the trans kicks down. Let me know if you need anything else or would like to contact me directly. Ray

Guest Commodore

I have found some more information from a Cadillac forum.

"You're missing the metal "finger" and spring that attaches to the square tab. The throttle bracket on the carb pushes the finger back, thus rotating the square tab which activates the switch. Was only used on 68-69 models".

Guest Restorer Ray

Your photo is a step in the right direction. The '67 is very similar to the '69 setup. #1 is the downshift switch, #2 & #3 are the wires to the trans, and #4 slows throttle return rate, I believe. I still need details of the lever and how it's square hole is "clocked" on the lever, the bushing that might go in the carb linkage, and how the watch spring is placed. Can you tell me the name of the Cadillac Forum?