For Sale: 1929 Duesenberg Model J

Guest zedtt

Great car...but like a lot of would be sellers....don't want to put a price on it because someone may buy it at that price, and then seller keeps thinking gee, greedy is showing should have asked more....so just wait for offers...there are a number of people who pretty much set the big D's prices, when a group of them came up for sale a number of years ago down South, they were there in force to keep prices "correct"...yes, desirable and costly car, but set a price and move forward...

I agree with the rest. Someday through hard work I hope to be in the position to buy one. We all know they generally sell for around the 1-2 million mark depending on authenticity and whether or not they are rebodied. I've seen a few rebodies, one even in a very similar color and configuration for 799,000. So what's the big mystery with price. Leads one to think it's overpriced and to find a different one. One that's just a little cheaper may be a few hundred thousand less. That's a serious kind of savings. You could build a nice garage to store it in for what you may save on it.

• 4 weeks later...